1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Zeke

Zeke - The Retarded Battle Continues ... Premium Member

I finally bit the bullet & got my mitts on a pair of non-full-framed Oakley's - Half Jacket 2.0 XL.

But while looking them up on O-Review, I found there are HJ 2.0 XL's & 2.0's. It appears both models were released around the same time in 2012, ... & are still available factory-direct.

Now on the inside of the left arm is "Half Jacket 2.0", nothing whatsoever about "XL", although when I Googled the part number - oo9155-02 - it sure enough comes up as with an "XL" denotation.

Can anyone tell me any &/or all of the differences between them (?), as the descriptions on Oakley are identical.

Thanks a million as this has me befuddled.

PS: I LOVE these things!!!

Last edited: 5/23/14
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

XL have a bigger lens shape ... Like flak jacket vs flak jacket XLJ 's...

3. da_nige

da_nige Oakley Enthusiast

The frames are the same, the only difference is the lenses in the XL are a bit bigger.

4. Zeke

Zeke - The Retarded Battle Continues ... Premium Member

Good deal, then.

Thank you, Gentlemen.

PS: How hard is it to remove the earsocks? I have never done it on any glasses ... maybe someday they will get dirty (white), but would like keep the originals.

5. da_nige

da_nige Oakley Enthusiast

Not too difficult. The bit nearest the lenses actually attaches with small hooks which you release then tease them off the back of the legs. Getting them back on is harder but a bit of hand soap helps them slide back on.

Zeke likes this.