• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Difference X-Metal And XX

f5air

Oakley Beginner
Hi there guys, well im new on Oakley stuff, doesnt matter that i have 8 years with my sunglasses but im trying to get a replacement lenses and sometimes on the internet says X-Metal XX, and XX just alone. Here is a picture of my Oakley.

19EA2481-A6E6-4BAF-919A-F0C13C6C3C0D-148-000000A93E47FCC1.jpg

Also is there any way to decode the serial #? mine is XX045448

This are the lens
Oakley X METAL XX REPLACEMENT LENSES - Purchase Oakley eyewear from the online Oakley store

and

Oakley XX Replacement Lenses available online at Oakley.com

Im confuse. Sorry for a noob question.

Hi there guys, well im new on Oakley stuff, doesnt matter that i have 8 years with my sunglasses but im trying to get a replacement lenses and sometimes on the internet says X-Metal XX, and XX just alone. Here is a picture of my Oakley.

19EA2481-A6E6-4BAF-919A-F0C13C6C3C0D-148-000000A93E47FCC1.jpg

Also is there any way to decode the serial #? mine is XX045448

This are the lens
Oakley X METAL XX REPLACEMENT LENSES - Purchase Oakley eyewear from the online Oakley store

and

Oakley XX Replacement Lenses available online at Oakley.com

Im confuse. Sorry for a noob question.

Check the serial on here:

The Oakley Review - Wiki (Serial_List)

Strange though as it looks like a Plasma finish versus X-Metal finish.

The XX lenses on the Oakley site are for the O-matter Twenty (XX) frames. You need the top link ones.

Man, your nosebridge rubber looks loose.

Check the serial on here:

The Oakley Review - Wiki (Serial_List)

Strange though as it looks like a Plasma finish versus X-Metal finish.

The XX lenses on the Oakley site are for the O-matter Twenty (XX) frames. You need the top link ones.

Man, your nosebridge rubber looks loose.
lol i know!!! thats why im sending this Oakley to X-man, i was almost ready to send to Oakley AGAIN to nose bridge tune up, but i think is better to try different tune up(x-man).

Thanks for the lens correction, im trying to get new lenses, i love the ice blue and esmerald but seems that walleva are the only ones that carry it and some feedbacks are not good for that brand.

Thanks for the lens correction, im trying to get new lenses, i love the ice blue and esmerald but seems that walleva are the only ones that carry it and some feedbacks are not good for that brand.

Get em custom cut my friend. Oem all the way

Don't get the Walleva. I have a set. They are way thinner than the Oakley ones and move around in the orbitals. The color is nice and the clarity is good but the moving around really bothers me.

I agree with BriP the OEM lenses are the best. I just bought a set of VL's for my Half Jacket 2.0's since Oakley don't offer a Blue (Ice) colored iridium lens and I dislike it more than the Walleva. Again the thickness is less but the iridium coating sucks. When I look thru the center of the lens it has a brownish color but if I move my eyes off center the color changes. This is really annoying especially since I only have to move my eyes a little and the color changes. The blue color is really nice though

You might also want to check out Linegear. They are based in Japan and the lenses have good reviews. I'm going to customize my XX with new lenses and rubber pieces when they come out with their XX nosepieces.

Thanks guys for all the feedback, right now i really want to fix the nose bridge, the sunglasses are just fine but i hate to fill that i will drop them when i see the floor. I didnt know that having a Oakley is a culture which makes me feel really happy, i will try to find my other 20 years Oakley that i have somewhere in my house.

Still trying to see if i make some custom work with X-Man, like black finish on the nose bridge, or just keep them OEM. After 8+ years, the frame looks like new.

Get em custom cut my friend. Oem all the way

This is the best advice, I've tried many different manufacturer's wares in the hopes of finding a good cheap lense I didnt mind to scratch. I'm a durability nut because I need things to be rugged as hell or feasibly replaceable. However I can tell you, NOTHING compares to Oakley optics, they've earned the right in my book to use the term "HDO". OEM all the way!

Thanks guys for all the feedback, right now i really want to fix the nose bridge, the sunglasses are just fine but i hate to fill that i will drop them when i see the floor. I didnt know that having a Oakley is a culture which makes me feel really happy, i will try to find my other 20 years Oakley that i have somewhere in my house.

Still trying to see if i make some custom work with X-Man, like black finish on the nose bridge, or just keep them OEM. After 8+ years, the frame looks like new.

If your pair still looks good you might rethink the custom route. XX prices are pretty good right now and I'm not sure how a custom job would affect the "value" of the pair.

If your pair still looks good you might rethink the custom route. XX prices are pretty good right now and I'm not sure how a custom job would affect the "value" of the pair.

Thats why i just doble think to make something custom, i dont have any idea of a sunglasses like this cost right now, love them so i dont plan to sell it.