• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Difference X-Metal And XX

Guys, i need a vault, is this the correct one for my sunglasses?
EC9AEA93-1061-4EA6-B11E-1DD1575A6023-418-0000002BB403E3E1.jpg

No bad price the cheqper one on ebay is about 49

If your pair still looks good you might rethink the custom route. XX prices are pretty good right now and I'm not sure how a custom job would affect the "value" of the pair.

I have several custom cut lenses done by dr. Chop, you cannot tell them from an OEM pair!

Yeah but i didnt know thats the x metal vault, again im new in this oakley world. Thanks for the help, found it on oakley website.

http://www.oakley.com/products/2000/5322

yeah thats the Xmetal Icon, like you see on all the Xmetal boxes.

oakley.com regularly runs out of stock on them.. if that happens, dig around ebay for one. you shouldnt spend more than $45 on one =)

I have several custom cut lenses done by dr. Chop, you cannot tell them from an OEM pair!

mauka meant about resurfacing work by X-Man.

i agree with Custom lens cuts with OEM material- its great, as close to original as you can get.

I also agree with mauka. I rather have the original finish if its still in decent shape, than do some funky "TiO2" copy. That said, If the surface is really messed up, the bead blasting sure cleans it up nicely, for a nice refreshed Xmetal surface

you are right BriP, my X-Metal frame is perfect not a single scratch or something, just my nose bridge really need some tune up, the t6 screw from the lens removal and thats it. I have 2 pair of lenses, metal, and fire. I wanted to try esmerald or ice blue, but didnt plan to invest too much on it. Maybe i will just tune up and enjoy them like that.

I have 2 pair of lenses, metal, and fire. I wanted to try esmerald or ice blue, but didnt plan to invest too much on it. Maybe i will just tune up and enjoy them like that.

yeah dont resurface it if its perfect, the old Xmetal is awesome. real industrial. i wear my Romeos Daily and love it.

what are "metal" lenses? are they after market? or do you mean the black iridium. You cant get emerald for XMXX's unless you custom cut, and ice is rare.

stay away from aftermarket lenses - they're cheap, yes, but still a waste of money. spend a little more, invest in OEM lenses that are custom cut to fit. nothing beats quality and you'll only be defeating the purpose of oakleys if you use aftermarket lenses.

Back