• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Differences In +red

My last pair had a bit of orange in the edges.
350x583px-LL-ad60b5c7_flakjacket-1.jpg

When Oakley started producing the Positive Red lens they had different firing time to achieve different lens color between ruby and positive red,this was also bases on lens size.... The ruby's in the first generations were fired longer and had a deeper purple but they were losing entire batches which lead to decreased firing times. lenses started to become more inconsistent with yellow and red towards the outside in both positive reds and ruby but polarized had to be fired longer anyway so you see more consistency in those. There is an example in the radars where if you notice the yellowing and even green towards the bottom of the lens but if you get a polarized + red lenses they are very consistent. Lens color consistency is more sought after because that is what they were originally trying to achieve in the beginning. Burnt orange in the first fire lenses are absolutely the nicest lens in my opinion but these are soooooo rare because they changed it all up soon after they were redoing entire barrels full of lenses.

When Oakley started producing the Positive Red lens they had different firing time to achieve different lens color between ruby and positive red,this was also bases on lens size.... The ruby's in the first generations were fired longer and had a deeper purple but they were losing entire batches which lead to decreased firing times. lenses started to become more inconsistent with yellow and red towards the outside in both positive reds and ruby but polarized had to be fired longer anyway so you see more consistency in those. There is an example in the radars where if you notice the yellowing and even green towards the bottom of the lens but if you get a polarized + red lenses they are very consistent. Lens color consistency is more sought after because that is what they were originally trying to achieve in the beginning. Burnt orange in the first fire lenses are absolutely the nicest lens in my opinion but these are soooooo rare because they changed it all up soon after they were redoing entire barrels full of lenses.

That was serioulsy interesting. Thanks man!

Interesting reading..I still don't know how thry can pass off Blue lenses as +Red and strangely my Half jacket 2.0 were more old school +Red than the Flak i returned just 3 months ago which was practically ice

Glad I found this thread...I recently got carbon flaks and +red from the vault and the lenses look diff than the +red in my half jackets ..Thought I might of gotten 00red on accident..they are more red orange then the red bluish purple in my half jackets...I think the bluish red purple looks much nicer.
20120907_114045.jpg

20120907_113923.jpg

I believe that top lens is OO +Red Polarized.

That's what I was thinking because they kinda look polarized but it don't say it on lenses ..The box says +red and they came from a vault...But they look alot diff ..even looking threw them side by side I see a slightly more bluish tint.
20120909_102815.jpg

Latest Posts

Back