• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Different Batches Of Ruby Lenses?

The batch variations are annoying. It makes buying Ruby variants a gamble I don't like...I mean, if I'm going to have something like looks like Fire, I'll buy Fire Polarized thank you and get better performance for the look. Its almost enough to make me consider not buying a stock X Metal and Ruby XS instead waiting for a frame only to become available and just go to my O Stores and dig through their lenses till I find the one I want.

The batch variations are annoying. It makes buying Ruby variants a gamble I don't like...I mean, if I'm going to have something like looks like Fire, I'll buy Fire Polarized thank you and get better performance for the look. Its almost enough to make me consider not buying a stock X Metal and Ruby XS instead waiting for a frame only to become available and just go to my O Stores and dig through their lenses till I find the one I want.

I totally agree with you on the ruby variations. What sucks is that O Stores don't even carry X Squared replacement lenses and for now they are available online only.

wow, didn't think that joining this community would be expensive LOL. after a few days of being a member here, I already caught the metal bug LOL, so got a pair of XS x-metal/Ruby on the way. Hopefully they will be a good batch of ruby and not a fruby :)

You don't even know. I'm up to 18 pairs now. I started this forum with 5

same....I first heard about and became a fan of Oakley back in 2003.....only wear Oakley glasses since....and it wasnt until this year, 2012, that I bought my first X metals. Not one, but currently have 3.... -___-

I agree. I have a pair of Juliets version 1 (with a serial number) they came with non-polerized fire lenses (they did not even make Ruby back then). As soon as I bought them I swapped out the lenses for custom Zeis Cool Blue polarized. I put the original away until about 3 weeks ago, when I put them back in to send to oakley for a "tune up". I was surprised to discover (even went to the Oakley store to compare) that they are actually more red then the Ruby lenses sold today.

lets see some pics of that red fire lens
I agree. I have a pair of Juliets version 1 (with a serial number) they came with non-polerized fire lenses (they did not even make Ruby back then). As soon as I bought them I swapped out the lenses for custom Zeis Cool Blue polarized. I put the original away until about 3 weeks ago, when I put them back in to send to oakley for a "tune up". I was surprised to discover (even went to the Oakley store to compare) that they are actually more red then the Ruby lenses sold today.

Here is a pic of the Juliet v1 with mixed lenses in them to compare (just ordered a new pair for prescription so took out the ruby's that came with it).

The fire is on the right, ruby on left. The more I look at the pic the more I can tell (since the ruby is gray lens and fire is brown) But when you have them on they really are hard to tell apart.

KYzIu.jpg

Here is a pic of the Juliet v1 with mixed lenses in them to compare (just ordered a new pair for prescription so took out the ruby's that came with it).

The fire is on the right, ruby on left. The more I look at the pic the more I can tell (since the ruby is gray lens and fire is brown) But when you have them on they really are hard to tell apart.

KYzIu.jpg

the ruby is a BLUE base, not grey. and fire is bronze base =) and damn, look how red that fire is! that would put some newer Rubys to shame!

Back