1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. lawman0210

lawman0210 Oakley Collector

I was wearing a new set of black iridium polarized 5's today. It wasn't extremely hot nor as extremely sunny but when sun was hitring me it seemed to not stop as much of the light. Do certain models protect better even eith same lens? Light was not entering from the sides.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. coolstorm92

coolstorm92 Oakley Enthusiast

I have definitely had some black iridium lenses that appeared to be darker than others, as far as how much light actually got through, not able to notice much difference.

3. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Some batches are different from others i have noticed.

4. Oakley4Life

Oakley4Life Oakley Collector

Yeah every batch can be slightly different. I mean, look at the +red and ruby lenses over the years. Big change

5. lawman0210

lawman0210 Oakley Collector

Yeah so true

6. I think it just varies batch to batch how things turn out, even more so for Iridium coated lenses. I have some grey polarized lenses that are quite a bit darker than a pair a friend owns for the same frame and everything. His were bought as replacements, mine were originals.

7. bhrea3

bhrea3 Oakley Enthusiast

I have flaks with them and I think they are great , they do seem dark, but they look good also. My 2 favorite lens are those and the emerald green irridum.

8. Eks

Eks Oakley Beginner

I find pitboss 2 BIP much darker than pb1.