1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. jiveSEVEN

jiveSEVEN I Should Work at Oakley...

I noticed the ruby lenses in the new polished white frogskins look different than other ones. Reminds me of the early Juliet ruby lenses. The ones in this antifreeze were taken from crystal black. I definitely like these polished whites, but they are for the lady and I refuse to tamper with them!

Last edited by a moderator: 7/10/14
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Yeah.. i think the debate ended with "probably are batch differences.. but admittedly it has faded over the years".

=/ wish my rubies would be less orange..

3. FrogTastic

FrogTastic Friend of the Frog

For afew years Ruby came out lookin very Fire like.

4. jonoyong

jonoyong Inside Outlaw. Staff Member Premium Member

yeah didn't like those ruby lenses very much, prefer those with the purple hue to them. so much sweeter in my opinion.. =)

5. oakleyguy7

oakleyguy7 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

ya me too i have a couple pairs of ruby for some of my frames and they are all different. it all comes down to where they are cooked in the oven, that it what will make them different then others.

6. jiveSEVEN

jiveSEVEN I Should Work at Oakley...

I personally like these with the purple hue, reminds me of the juliet ruby everyone is trying to find..

7. oakleyguy7

oakleyguy7 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

ya i have those in my red/blue frogskins and love them, and i came across a pair of gascan lenses like that too and had to snatch them up

8. jonoyong

jonoyong Inside Outlaw. Staff Member Premium Member

i have a splatter Jupiter with the purple hue Ruby lenses. absolutely love it. hope when i do get my polished white re-release pair, i would strike gold, or purple hue i should say.

9. Oakley4Life

Oakley4Life Oakley Collector

i agree. i just got my new polished white frogskin with the ruby lens and i compared them to my holbrooks with a ruby lens and they look nothing a like

10. FrogTastic

FrogTastic Friend of the Frog

I think the juliets were the biggest issue. I remember seeing client and they would bring it up, as customer had done to them.