1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Mahtan

Mahtan Oakley Beginner

Heya, I am looking at getting a second gen Juliet, Plasma with Polarized Ice, <10000 serial. Was curious if there was any actual issues with the frame that they fixed going to the current models, or was it just the transition between the redesigned coins and no serials?

Thanks in advance!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. talismanx

talismanx Oakley Beginner

Having just sent a plasma with a similar serial number in to be replaced (crushed by a car). I can tell you that I observed no changes between that and my other Juliet frames (new X-metal, Carbon and 24k). I do believe that the only difference is the color of the "plasma". But to be honest without a side by side I was not able to even see that difference.

3. discostu

discostu Oakley Expert Premium Member

I always seemed to notice the frames on the later models (second gen +) had a more 'finished' frame, and by that I mean a smoother less rough/raw appearance if that makes sense.

4. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Romeo Van Frogskinstein Oakley Enthusiast

current plasma ice p juliet 04-153 comes in redesigned larger box with new coin, no serial, darker silver looking part coded frame with a slight sheen to it, and hydrophobic lens. there were 3 earlier generations with serials all issued with numbers to match the original boxes. the only issue with earlier frames of note was they tended to discolour, but when unused maintained a chalky matt pale silver look.

5. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

to answer OP's question, YES gen2 plasma still discolors and you will have to take care of it. it is a nice color, though. gen1's are an awesome bone white.

6. obiwan

obiwan Oakley Beginner

What is involved with "taking care of it" as it relates to cleaning, what do you use to clean your frames with?

7. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Warm soapy water

8. Mahtan

Mahtan Oakley Beginner

Thanks for all the advice, I decided to get some similar, just in Emerald non polarized for quite a good deal. $95. :D