• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Diffrences Between Juliets And Juliets X-Metal? Are Both Discontinued?

TRUE LIBERTY

Oakley Beginner
I have a X Metal pair I bought in 2006 and have come to learn they are no longer made and parts are no longer available when I went to a Oakley store today. But they did say they would be getting a final set of black ones in for $325 next week. So does that make my X Metal glasses a hunk of junk or can anyone out there do a complete rebuild of new rubber from top to bottom? Otherwise they are in perfect shape.

So doing a search I found a sale on Juliets that look identical from what I could see on the pictures of X Metals but the price was originally 170 with the box showing Armstrong on it. Now going for $14.00 dollars. If they wear the same as the X Metals I might pick me up half a dozen or more of them.

Any advice on anything I mentioned would be appreciated.

You probably have Juliets, and the answer is yes.. can be completely rebuilt. You're probably looking at site that sells fake Oakleys. All of them do that, show a large price with a red line through it, and then they all just happen to have the same sale of 14-16 bucks. If you post pictures of what you have, everybody else will be more than happy to jump right on that and identify them for you. Btw, Juliets are part of the X Metal line. X Metal is the style (Or as Mervillian pointed out, can be the color). Think of it as saying you bought a sports car, and you saw a Corvette drive by. A Corvette is a sports car.

Last edited:
All Juliets are part of the x metal line. Having said that, the confusion may be that Juliets (and other Oakley X-metals) come in different finishes such as Carbon, Plasma, Polished and X-metal (among others depending on model).

If you've found them online for $14 they are most definitely counterfeit. They are made to look like Oakley products but are made of different materials and are much lower quality.

As mentioned, these can be rebuilt with new rubbers and even new finishes (a forum member X-man is one person that I have heard great things about).

Welcome to the forums.

All Juliets are part of the x metal line. Having said that, the confusion may be that Juliets (and other Oakley X-metals) come in different finishes such as Carbon, Plasma, Polished and X-metal (among others depending on model).

If you've found them online for $14 they are most definitely counterfeit. They are made to look like Oakley products but are made of different materials and are much lower quality.

As mentioned, these can be rebuilt with new rubbers and even new finishes (a forum member X-man is one person that I have heard great things about).

Welcome to the forums.

Sorry I meant $18.00 and its on the Oakley website so they are the real deal.

Highly doubt it's the actual Oakley website. Not even the lenses are close to 18. You're probably looking at one of the fake sites made with the Oakley name?

Back