• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Diffrences Between Juliets And Juliets X-Metal? Are Both Discontinued?

Further to sharjt: U dont sleep, your checking eBay at 3am to see if anyone has posted rare juliets from europe. You struggle to eat, sell ur car, give up lifes pleasantries all for the hit of the next xmetal you land. Your wife resents your collection and you can go without food for a week to pay off that latest carbon/ruby hit you landed 1 week ago. Your phone is no longer a phone but is a weapon of purchasing as youve downloaded 7 selling apps you check religously throughout the day everyday... you are one of us

That's my obsession with camera gear and dive watches. I got those sunglasses right after my Lassic surgery. I used to use them for work but it got expensive replacing those plastic lenses all the time and keeping them for the weekends. So I searched and searched and found glass lenses with quality frames for work. Had them many years with no scratches on the tough glass lenses. Then damn large heavy blind crashed on my face and snapped the arm off. Luckily all the years later they still made them and now I keep a extra set. So now I just want to keep a extra set in case the juliets get lost or broken.

And that's how it all starts. Next thing you know you're stocking up on lenses and extra rubbers, then you try on a few pairs at the local store you have to have. Then all of sudden you've got to buy a display case to show of the your 30+ pairs of Oakleys.

You got that right...

Obviously at this point there's no doubt the original link is selling counterfeits, but other than the price and the "Oakley" across the nose bridge mentioned already, there are some other dead giveaways, for future reference or other new users with questions. Compare with a genuine pair (or a pic of one) -

- The bottom outside corner "bumps" of the orbitals (lens frames) is a solid piece, lacking the break in the frame w/ gasket used for swapping lenses
- The view of the inside hinge shows a standard hinge, no temple shocks
- Way too much metal between the hinge and the lenses.
- In general, the edges are too sharp / not rounded enough

And there's the website URL of "buysunglassesok.com".

Welcome to the forum; I'm still pretty new here myself but everybody's been really cool...

Was at 2 Juliets for years, now at 9 and counting... there's people here who have that much stuck in a corner or their stuffed multi-shelf display case...

Back