• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Digging The New Clear Stands

Being able to turn them is fantastic and saves me the trouble of drilling and pinning the black ones to do just that. Been thinking about it for a year or so now.

I'll go slightly against the grain here and say I prefer the black look over the clear one. I agree clear puts more focus on the glasses but IMHO it also looks more cheap, like ebay five-for-$1 acrylic watch stands.

But I really dig the added flexibility - being able to add more tiers and especially the rotation thing. It really broadens the possibilities.

I'd hazard to say that the better flexibility outweighs my personal detraction of the clear look. So, overall a win.

It'll be interesting to see how some people work out how to mix their displays with both clear and black stands...

I'll go slightly against the grain here and say I prefer the black look over the clear one. I agree clear puts more focus on the glasses but IMHO it also looks more cheap, like ebay five-for-$1 acrylic watch stands.

But I really dig the added flexibility - being able to add more tiers and especially the rotation thing. It really broadens the possibilities.

I'd hazard to say that the better flexibility outweighs my personal detraction of the clear look. So, overall a win.

It'll be interesting to see how some people work out how to mix their displays with both clear and black stands...

You can always paint them.....

Oh my good god, they turn. I'm starting the line behind me for when someone can order these for us...

Back