• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Digging The New Clear Stands

Exactly my point, but stated more succinctly...

Wish you had chimed in first and I coulda just done a +1...:D
Since I already have a display full of black stands, I doubt my cabinet will see any of these unless I see them for sale dirt cheap and can't pass up the deal.

I'm going to go off on these new clear stands - they should NOT have glasses resting on the lenses, period. I have another thread for this, I owe pics, I know... I love the look but it is making me very nervous the way the glasses, uh... LENSES - are resting on them!

Interesting that you ask that. They have a small notch on the top of the stand, where the bridge sits to keep from this happening.
...that does not work LOL (no, seriously, it does not work - the lenses hit the arms before the stopper engages the nose)

hereispunishment said: ↑ Oh, and if you want to be unique , what i would /will do (when I can get a few) is just stick different vinyl decals over areas that would look best filled in or set. This may take time but i know itll look sick. Or hydro dip? Maybe we're opening some new doors here - using the clear stands as a blank platform for the same sort of tech we use to custom finish our Oaks... combined with the new stack-and-rotate flexibility, it could really take things to the next level... Or we could just leave them alone and spend more money on our Oaks...

Just send all your stands to me and I'll do something with them :wink:

Latest Posts

Back