• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Dimensions On Single-wide W/ 2 Bottom Drawers?

pistolpetefan23

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Does anyone have dimensions, specifically overall height, on the single-wide X-Metal case with two drawers that is pictured below? I have a shot to buy the case tomorrow and want to make sure I have availability to transport it. Please note, the case below is pulled from Google and not the exact case I am looking at. Thanks!

Attachments

• Oakley_case.jpeg
    Oakley_case.jpeg
    19.8 KB · Views: 250
Might as well ask while I'm at it: I know everything is relative and a value is whatever someone will pay for something, but what would be a great price on that case? Good price? Average? Something like $200, $300, $400?

I feel around 200 is fair.

I do have this case if you have any other questions about it.

I also have this case but I won't be home till like 7pm mountain time so Ecko is probably more help in that aspect. It's a great case and anything under $400 your doing alright. Depending of course on condition and completeness.

Going to look at it and hopefully buy it in two hours. Haven't gotten to price at all yet, but if it's a really good deal, I think I can justify it to the wife :)

No dice. It was a pretty good sized local bike shop that was closing after 35 years. I stopped in last week as their going out of business ad stated Oakleys. They had a couple Radars/Radarlocks and Racing Jackets, but nothing I just had to have, even at 50% off retail on everything. But they did have a single-wide X-Metal case with the two drawers, plus 6 double-tier metal stands, 6-8 metal card holders, and a couple single-tier metal stands. I asked if any of it was for sale at that time but they said they wanted to wait to sell shop displays and stuff until the going out of business sale was done, but to leave my number.

So got called this week and went in this afternoon. Case was in pretty good shape, had locks, and plexi seemed good. I asked him what he was thinking on it, he asked me what I'd offer, we did the dance a little. Finally he says he's seen them for sale on eBay, and I knew then I probably wasn't going to get it. He references a listing for one at a BIN of $695, which I'm not going to pay close to. He said he'd take $500. Couldn't do it. Seemed on the high side, plus more than I could ever justify to the wife. I offered $200 with all the stands, which would have been a pretty good deal. He declined. I asked if he'd sell the stands separately, but he seemed to think it was necessary to keep them with the case in order to get top dollar. I think he'd sell it for the same or close to same whether the stands were included or not, but whatever. I offered $50 or $60 for all the stands, but again, no dice.

He also had a cube in the back I didn't see before, and again referenced eBay prices at $395 or something but said he'd take $200. Couldn't come close on it, so I walked out empty-handed :(

I did talk with him quite a bit about other random stuff, and what I do for a living, so got a good rapport with him, so we'll see if I ever hear back from him if he doesn't sell it. By far the closest I've ever come to securing a case though. Oh well, on to the next.

People get crazy with eBay. Just because some one posts a price and never sells that is the going price.

Sorry to hear you did not end up with the case but I suggest you check back in a week or two and see if it sold.

You can sort by sold listings on eBay to show him what they are selling for.
The cube sounds like it could be bought for a decent price.

I paid anywhere from $30 to $50 for each of my stands and you only offered him $50 for all of them. Why wouldn't you buy the cube for $200? Thanks a good price, and $500 for the single wide is decent as well. You were right there prepared to buy. Some prices on eBay are crazy but it does reflect the market.

Latest Posts

Back