• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying DiRE NEED FOR COPPER PENNY LEFT ARM + Penny Parts

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Hello guys,

Long Shot, coming through!

You may all recall the XX rebuild thread i did awhile ago.. BriP's X-Metal Halloween Special | Oakley Forum

I have now come across a copper penny, in PARTS :/

It is missing its left arm, both spring mechanisms, and flex couplers. I can sort most things out, except the arm.

If anyone out there has one... let me know. ask around in your circle of collectors if you can too, please.

if anyone also has:
1.a broken penny frame for parts
2.any hinge mechanisms (spring assembly)
3.spare hinge screws. They are different to Juliet hinge screws, and also not orbital screws.

Thank you.

(will post photos.. im sure you guys are interested in these rescue ops ;) )

Some people reacted to this post.
u8u8y7yb.jpg

heres the picture. as you can see... no left arm :(

maybe you could cut off your left ear? From what I've seen that will be easier and less painful than trying to locate a real copper penny stem ;)

good luck though! I look forward to seeing how this turns out.

worst case scenario i copper plate a polished penny earstem. but trying not to do that yet

bump

still looking

you were not kidding when you said LONG SHOT. the left arm you require is the serialized part of the frame. i am then wondering why the left arm was missing on your project penny to begin with...but good luck man.

yeah i know, right

bloop

dude dude dude.. theres a listing for penny arms on ebay $79. not sure if its 1 or both.. but title says LEFT ARM W SERIAL

Back