1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. financialwar

financialwar Oakley Beginner

How can I disable these two annoying pop ups? I ready support Oakley via all the Oakley products I own.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. G-901

G-901 Oakley Expert

3. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley R┼Źnin

Dude be a premium member to remove the ads...

4. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

This forum is independent of Oakley and uses the ads and the premium memberships to help support itself; buying a pair of Oakleys doesn't provide any income to the forum.

5. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

Have you also tried disabling 'ad blocker' ?

I use a Mac and IPad and iPhone and I've NEVER had a problem with the forums ...

6. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

The official forum answer is to disable your ad blocker.

The unofficial answer is to disable that script.

7. Raptor

Raptor Oakley Enthusiast

I'm not a premium member yet but never had problems with pop-up ads on the forum. Just check your browser settings

8. Dino

Dino Oakley Beginner

Ive just joined today, and I also get the pop-ups on the top of my browser, but Im assuming it's quite obvious why, the forum uses ads to generate income, and by blocking ads, the marketer's paid efforts are invisible to me, but it is at my own discretion to either ignore or cooperate since if I am happy with that annoying banner appearing at the top of my screen, then surely nobody should be able to tell me otherwise?

"Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. We are strongly asking to disable any kind of ad blocker while you're browsing in our site.You may not be aware, but any visitor supports our site by just viewing ads. If you would like to see no ads, please consider becoming a Premium Member

Read more: Disable "ad blocker detected" message and premium pop up please | Oakley Forum"

9. financialwar

financialwar Oakley Beginner

No offence to the site admin, but I think you have really an aggressive approach to forcing ads upon members. Most people can live without visiting the forum, it's a forum about only one brand, it's no XDA or dpreview, and even those much more valuable sites don't show ad block warnings. You guys really overestimated your importance I say.

10. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

Then why do you return?

kronin323 and QLR1 like this.