• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Disappointed In The New +Red

Different angles of the new +Red.

Notice how it has more of a violet/blue hue now with a lot less red.
I noticed when I saw it in person that the red tones that are there are VERY muted. Totally lacks the "fierce" look of the old red. Again, I really hope this is only for this frame, not a permanent lens change.

The new +Red sort of looks like the old-old +red. I have a pair of OG Half Jackets with +Red replacement lenses (the ones that came in the old style slim white box), and they are a very deep purple, with only a hint of red. They almost look like a super-dark ice lens with a hint of red.

I am shocked that Holbrook frames are being made in China now. Damn you Lux! ...add another model to the no-buy-list.

Well iridium lenses have had inconsistencies in the past, were a lot of the new pairs with this same deep color? Maybe (hopefully) it was just the few at that vault that were darker

Well iridium lenses have had inconsistencies in the past, were a lot of the new pairs with this same deep color? Maybe (hopefully) it was just the few at that vault that were darker

The pics above are randoms I've found online, not from the vault. But the vault's pairs looked just like the pics above. Not looking good...

Please note that on these new models that it does in fact say "Made in China" or "Assembled in USA" on the box, I didn't see anything written on the frame. Do you honestly think frames like Frogs and Holbrooks were made in the US? I think back then since the lenses were made in the US they could get away with labeling it as such but not anymore. This has been going on for awhile and people act surprised all of the sudden. It's also not written on the sports frames anymore as I did not see "Made in USA" anywhere on the Mark Cavendish Radarlock (not even on the rubber pieces).

Also as far as lens color goes please be aware that flatter lens styles will have less color variety than their more curved brethren (Flak Jacket, Racing Jacket, Radarlock, etc).

Personally, I don't think they look too bad. I think the new +red lenses have their use. They would look great in a purple frame. But I'm sure in a standard black or white frame they're not going to be so hot.

Do you honestly think frames like Frogs and Holbrooks were made in the US? I think back then since the lenses were made in the US they could get away with labeling it as such but not anymore. This has been going on for awhile and people act surprised all of the sudden. It's also not written on the sports frames anymore as I did not see "Made in USA" anywhere on the Mark Cavendish Radarlock (not even on the rubber pieces).

I would assume that they were made in the USA, because of the marking on the earstems. So do you mean that the frames from the past few years that have "made in USA" on the earstem could have actually been made in China and then labelled as American made because the lenses were made in USA? I honestly had no idea. One would assume that an embossed label on the frame would mean that the piece itself was made in the country stamped upon it. Maybe I'm being too naive.

Back