• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Disappointing Standard Issue Half Jacket 2.0 Purchase

Godzilla

Oakley Expert
USA
I am extremely disappointed with the latest version of the SI Half Jacket 2.0. While extending the arms over my ears the right arm detached from the frame. I attempted to snap the arm to the frame and was unsuccessful as the connecting plastic piece was bent and disfigured. The SI HJ 2.0 frame has a loose flimsy piece of plastic that is not affixed to the frame like the Half Jacket 1, Flak Jackets, and Radars have. I am very disappointed with this purchase and will be returning them ASAP. I have had in my collection original Half Jackets that have been used and abused for several years and have never seen anything like this. I've only worn these twice. I have always bragged about how the Half Jackets were indestructible. Unfortunately, I can't say that anymore.

20140322_153423_HDR.jpg

20140322_153851_HDR.jpg

20140322_153932_HDR.jpg

20140322_154043_HDR.jpg

Purchased from Oakleysi.com
20140322_154226_HDR.jpg

it sounds like a fluke that should've never left the factory (I mean a standard issue model, c'mon), and I guess from there people will dwell into the Made in ____ and quality control.

I'd actually judge the purchase after a return+exchange, unless I missed something about an overwhelming majority of HJ2's doing that.

That is pretty crappy...hope it is resolved quickly for you.

Looks like the polymer pin they use broke. Might have been mashed during install.

QC mistakes happen. Try another before you determine the whole line is bad. They should exchange them no problem.

I let go of my hj 2.0 cuz I have over 20 Flaks the new 2.0 are much flimsier feeling than originals wish I'd kept hj 1'scouple years ago the polished ones are so slack I expected them to come apart on my face(2.0's)

Looks like the polymer pin they use broke. Might have been mashed during install.

QC mistakes happen. Try another before you determine the whole line is bad. They should exchange them no problem.
+1. I think it's a QC mishap there. Try another pair.

I would definitely give them another chance.I dont think it is a si line issue.

I hate those new "pins" that they're using on most of the newer models. It makes it a real pain to do custom paint, since you can't remove the earstems. Too bad Godzilla has the opposite problem!

Well you've just made next purchase decision a lot easier was deciding between HJ2 or Flax (both) SI looks like it gonna be a Flax

Back