1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Godzilla

Godzilla Oakley Enthusiast

I am extremely disappointed with the latest version of the SI Half Jacket 2.0. While extending the arms over my ears the right arm detached from the frame. I attempted to snap the arm to the frame and was unsuccessful as the connecting plastic piece was bent and disfigured. The SI HJ 2.0 frame has a loose flimsy piece of plastic that is not affixed to the frame like the Half Jacket 1, Flak Jackets, and Radars have. I am very disappointed with this purchase and will be returning them ASAP. I have had in my collection original Half Jackets that have been used and abused for several years and have never seen anything like this. I've only worn these twice. I have always bragged about how the Half Jackets were indestructible. Unfortunately, I can't say that anymore.

Disappointing Standard Issue Half Jacket 2.0 Purchase - 20140322_153423_HDR.jpg

Disappointing Standard Issue Half Jacket 2.0 Purchase - 20140322_153851_HDR.jpg

Disappointing Standard Issue Half Jacket 2.0 Purchase - 20140322_153932_HDR.jpg

Disappointing Standard Issue Half Jacket 2.0 Purchase - 20140322_154043_HDR.jpg

Purchased from Oakleysi.com
    Disappointing Standard Issue Half Jacket 2.0 Purchase - 20140322_154226_HDR.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

it sounds like a fluke that should've never left the factory (I mean a standard issue model, c'mon), and I guess from there people will dwell into the Made in ____ and quality control.

I'd actually judge the purchase after a return+exchange, unless I missed something about an overwhelming majority of HJ2's doing that.

3. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

That is pretty crappy...hope it is resolved quickly for you.

4. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Looks like the polymer pin they use broke. Might have been mashed during install.

QC mistakes happen. Try another before you determine the whole line is bad. They should exchange them no problem.

5. the piper

the piper Oakley Collector

I let go of my hj 2.0 cuz I have over 20 Flaks the new 2.0 are much flimsier feeling than originals wish I'd kept hj 1'scouple years ago the polished ones are so slack I expected them to come apart on my face(2.0's)

Godzilla likes this.
  6. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

+1. I think it's a QC mishap there. Try another pair.

7. stn51

stn51 I NEED ANOTHER FUEL CELL!

I would definitely give them another chance.I dont think it is a si line issue.

8. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

I hate those new "pins" that they're using on most of the newer models. It makes it a real pain to do custom paint, since you can't remove the earstems. Too bad Godzilla has the opposite problem!

9. TexxxZ

TexxxZ Big bearded baby

Well you've just made next purchase decision a lot easier was deciding between HJ2 or Flax (both) SI looks like it gonna be a Flax

10. oakleyblaire

oakleyblaire Oakley Beginner

I know that's super frustrating :( I work with both half jacket and 2.0 daily I can assure you this rarely happens. As for the pins being different I have no comment.

Eastonatti likes this.