1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Pete Crowley

Pete Crowley Oakley Beginner

Hello all,
    I know it's easy enough to get current X-Metal models with Rx lenses, but does anyone know if Oakley will make lenses for discontinued models like Romeo or Penny? My Optometrist quoted me at $320 for polarized lenses for Square Whiskers, but now I have my heart set on something from the X-Metal line and would like to know what my options are.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. FearGearGarage

FearGearGarage Oakley Collector

I was told yes they would, but I have not ordered so I cant say with 100% assurity that they will.....

I also plan to have a Romeo done, I can check tomorrow when I am at HQ though.....

3. bubba g

bubba g Oakley Beginner

I recently got Rx lens for my XX. So, yes, they will cut you Rx lens for discontinued x metal frames. Color options are limited though, only had black, emerald, ice and fire iridium. So I got emerald lens with the x metal color frame.

4. Pete Crowley

Pete Crowley Oakley Beginner

Thanks, guys. That's disappointing about the color options...was hoping for VR28. How much did you pay, Bubba? Am I getting hosed by my Optometrist who quoted $320?

5. bubba g

bubba g Oakley Beginner

I paid $300 for non polarized lens, but that's in Canada. My relative works at the optical store, so I think that's near his cost. Mind you most things cost more up here in the great white north lol.