• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Disgustingly Dirty Juliets... 14 Years Worth...

rmontez

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wisconsin
After all this talk about my original Juliet's and how they were lost and found and used in pool water, ocean water, lake water etc.. without being cleaned I took them out of the case and what I found was disgusting. When I pulled off the ear stems they were so dirty I couldn't even take a picture before I washed them off. I have retired these glasses and now I am going to give them a thorough cleaning and put them back in the display case as a retired pair. I have never taken a pair of Juliet's apart before and the only difficult part looks like is going to be putting the 6 small clear washer back in place.

null_zpsd12463ea.jpg

null_zps81e787bf.jpg

null_zps4b497ee9.jpg

null_zps747b2719.jpg

Those are pretty ugly. :eek: Should have been 8 washers, but I am surprised there were still 6. They should clean up nicely. Have fun with it.

lol yeah that is what I thought when I pulled them apart. Not just ugly but disgusting. Here they are all cleaned up and ready to be put back together.

null_zpsbb26cd45.jpg

I used warm to hot water and dish soap for the frame and the rubbers. I used a q-tip to get in all the cracks.

Sweet, I was going to use simple green on my juliets, but was leary of any effect it may have on the xmetal finish, looks like i'll be using warm water and soap. thanks.

Rmontez: was there any tarnishing other than the inside of the orbitals? How is the nose bridge? I have to say, those glasses look like they are holding up well considering how much you have used them. Also the lenses look clean. The last pair of Juliets I bought were in such bad shape the lens layers were peeling apart

if those frames sat underwater for a thousand years nothing would effect them,Ti is an amazing material.

Just the orbitals and they weren't even tarnished just plan old filthy. Everything cleaned up back to normal. The flash on my phone washed out a few areas and I'm not sure why? The lenses I'd rate 6 out of 10 and the nose bridge is lose but not to the point where they couldn't be used. If you hold them by one side of the lens or stem they do not flex on their own. But they are now just a display piece with a lot of personal memories.

Latest Posts

Back