• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Dispatch II Hate

s3sunruh

Oakley Expert
Casper WY
Why so much hate? I quite like the frame (However... it's still a shadow compared to the original dispatch) but it actually works really well for my head. Just wondering why this is a disliked frame by many.

lol its just not everyone's (an in this case, many) cup of tea. i'm personally a fan and own 2 pairs of polarized D2s. lately i've been wearing my black ink ones daily to/from work

Agree I like the frame..It's like a mix of (what seem to be) the most popular glasses out today..aviators and wayfarers. With some added Oakley style of course

Agree I like the frame..It's like a mix of (what seem to be) the most popular glasses out today..aviators and wayfarers. With some added Oakley style of course

It's also the most popular trends for Oakley in terms of design. Take a unique, identifiable frame, smooth out the lines to make it more universally appealing, add a temple accent, add a hole in the stem, add a II or 2.0 to the name.

I can't understand the 'hate' for the DP1 or DP2.

For sure, it is perhaps a difficult style to love and they are not a style that I suit (they are comically too big for me) but, man, some people rock the sh1t outta them.

And I don't care what anyone says, the Fonseca DP2 looks brutally sick.

Agh fk it - I'm gunna buy a pair. The DP Revolution starts here.
Haha.

:rockon:

I can't understand the 'hate' for the DP1 or DP2.

For sure, it is perhaps a difficult style to love and they are not a style that I suit (they are comically too big for me) but, man, some people rock the sh1t outta them.

And I don't care what anyone says, the Fonseca DP2 looks brutally sick.

Agh fk it - I'm gunna buy a pair. The DP Revolution starts here.
Haha.

:rockon:
Dispatch I is all i wear now days :) I love the frame:) ah well more for me.
It's interesting you find the Dispatch to big, when you bought a Eyepatch 2 which i find comically to big for most.

That's a good point Mr D. I have one EP1, and one EP2.

I bought the EP1 after we came back from holidaying in Italy and EVERYONE seemed to be wearing big squared-off frames there - so of course I HAD to seek out a comparitive Oakley frame. Haha.

I am still kinda unsure whether they are too big for me. Plus, it's just a Polished Black w/ Warm Grey, and tbh it just doesn't get face time. I don't think it's worth selling, so it's just kinda sitting there looking sad and unloved. The closest pair I have to being a Shelf Whore. I do occasionally pick it up and think "OK today I am wearing you" then try them on and grab a Hijinx instead.

I love the OO BIP lens in the EP2 tho, and got a killa deal on them, so I'm keeping them. :biggrin:

I do occasionally try on Dispatch and DP2s and try to convince myself that I suit them. Maybe next time I will. :laugh:

Ditto. I love the style of the DP1 (and the DP2 in the right colorway) but I am like you, they are too big for me as well. I took the plunge when the Red/Blue Aussie ones were on 6pm.com for $52 and tried my best to convince myself I looked good in them but in the end, I kept it real and sold them off. If Oakley ever makes a Dispatch S, I am all in!

Back