1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. sOuLfUlFoRg

sOuLfUlFoRg Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Hi there. As a carpenter I've been thinking of building a custom case for my collection. It would be nice to buy one of those real cases but i know i can do well without spending a fortune. Besides I'd rather spend the cash on shades. My collection certainly has out grown what they are in now. I personally have some ideas on what to do but, I was just wondering if anyone else has built their own. If so perhaps post a few photos. Im just looking for a couple ideas on style. Thanks in advance

Sliver_Fan and Msolly79 like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

@qtrain23 has built his own and has posted detailed photos during the project.

3. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Yea I've made a few. All the info is on here

OakleyFrankFMJ likes this.
  4. sOuLfUlFoRg

Link to it would be greatly appreciated thanks

Sliver_Fan and Msolly79 like this.
  5. motoGP_fanatic

motoGP_fanatic Disciple of X-Metal

I did not make one but I used a wine cellar display case built from wood/mirror/glasses for my Oakley stuff. Definitely not Oakley case level but elegantly cool enough to get a thumbs up from nearly anyone who seen it.

sOuLfUlFoRg likes this.
  6. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

sOuLfUlFoRg likes this.
  7. Mark(Saffa)

Mark(Saffa) Oakley Enthusiast

I'm a cabinet maker and made a small cabinet using scraps from work. The only items I purchased were the aluminium L-bar and round head hex screws. The perspex I had lying around from an old job. Hope this gives you some ideas too.
    Display case. DIY - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448741281.357953.jpg Display case. DIY - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448741322.778031.jpg Display case. DIY - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448741393.056003.jpg Display case. DIY - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448741422.892913.jpg

Jmart88, VolcanOG, Red Tiger and 7 others like this.
  8. sOuLfUlFoRg

Great job. Definitely nice ideas there. I started mine but with Christmas coming I had to put it away. Love the wood display stands. That's a really nice idea. Cedar?

9. Mark(Saffa)

I used American Black Walnut veneered MDF for the main section of the display and drawer and solid timber for the frame.

sOuLfUlFoRg likes this.
  10. Mark(Saffa)

The stands are Black Walnut too. Unvarnished.

sOuLfUlFoRg likes this.