• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Display Case Glass Replacement.......

Dyeraudio

Juliet Enthusiast
Has anyone ever replaced the plexi-glass in a display case with actual glass? It appears to be 1/8"...I haven't tried but I'd have to believe that it would look nicer and not scratch. Any thoughts?

Never done it, it would probably add considerable weight, but if you aren't moving that shouldn't be a problem. I think it would look nicer and you would eliminate the micro scratches that plexiglass gets over time.

Doesn't the glass slide out after taking the top off? I'm considering 1/4" glass shelves with polished edges as well.

I don't have experience with that, but I have heard of people ordering plexi replacements so there has to be a way to get it in and out fairly easily.

I think the cost would be one of the biggest problems but it would look awesome on my Doublewide for sure!!

My case came without shelves, and I replaced it with 1/4" plexi, with polished edges. The plexi looks great. Any reason why you would go glass instead of plexi? I feel that they look almost identical, and mine don't really get scratched.

I have seen some that have tempered glass shelves in say a double wide case. It looks very cool and the shelves no longer bow in the middle, which is usually the case when shelves get loaded up with a lot of stuff. As for the sides, I don't think I have ever seen that.

Well I cannot check yet...my single tower is still sitting in Green Bay, WI....I drove 4 hours each way...POSITIVE it would fit in the car and it didn't.....talk about kicking myself in the behind! Grrrrrrrrr.......I'll have it soon though...and it only cost me $150.......

I would have rented a uhaul trailer at that point. Don't know if you have a hitch but I couldn't make that drive 4 times.

Well I cannot check yet...my single tower is still sitting in Green Bay, WI....I drove 4 hours each way...POSITIVE it would fit in the car and it didn't.....talk about kicking myself in the behind! Grrrrrrrrr.......I'll have it soon though...and it only cost me $150.......

Man, that sucks. It's gonna be worth it when you get your collection in it though

Latest Posts

Back