• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Display Case Restoration?

Batwolf358

Oakley Beginner
Georgia
I just picked up a RX display case that I purchased on eBay for a ridiculously low price. Unfortunately it is in less than mint condition. I would like to touch it up a bit. I'm confident I can do the plexiglass myself. The question I have is about the brushed aluminum. There are some larger knicks I'm pretty sure are there to stay. But what about the smaller scratches? Can something be done to minimize the the larger knicks? Also one lock is missing and no key for the one still there.. Any advice on thata as well? Thank you!! I'll post pictures when I get it home lol

Just finished restoring the first shelf and I must say the results are spectacular!
Before
avapaqej.jpg

After!
uja4esu2.jpg

Nice job! How did you do it? I've been meaning to do the same with the door of my case, but i never knew how to do it.

Yeah.. A lot of work left to do.. Plus the aluminum needs a little touching up.. I think I found a good method in which the aluminum will keep those "brushed" lines. I can't wait to see the end result Lol

Lol.. It depends on how deep the scratches. If someone has been going at your case with a linoleum knife then you better pull out the buffer lol.. But for mild scratches and cleaning this stuff works great.. It works well on polished O-Matter frames too :)

I had to clean up a spine case i purchased and i used the novus 3 2 1 but use the ball that comes with the mothers headlight restoration kit on a drill to make quick work of it.
You can pick up one of the balls by itself at an autoparts store.

Ron

Back