• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Display Options.

foleyness

I should Work at Oakley
Dallas Texas
I'm looking for some options for displaying my glasses, I've got too many to keep lining them up on my shelf. I like the look of the Oakley stands I see go up on eBay but I'm not liking the prices. I was wondering if any of you guys have any experience with some of the cheap generic sunglass stands on the bay or have other methods to display that you could share.

Here are a couple examples I found.
Retail Sunglasses Eyeglasses Glasses Rack Holder Frame Display Stand Showcase | eBay
ACRYLIC 5 PAIR STAND UP SUNGLASS DISPLAY RACK displays counter eyewear holder | eBay

Thanks.

How many do you have? If you have a good number, have you checked out the IKEA Detolf? It's a very reasonable price and displays everything very nicely :smile:. I know a lot of members have either started with them or still use em. I got mine still, and love it!

The Detlof has two drawbacks IMO....first it only has 3 shelves and the base and all this space. You CAN get two extra shelves cut and probably still be out only about $100 which isn't bad; but second ive come to not like how the Detlof goes top to bottom glass and doesn't lock (i have kids). I actually prefer the IKEA Klingsbo which yes is twice the price at $130 but you get 5 shelves, it locks and it has feet at the bottom....the Detlof I don't think I could pull off in my living room the Klingsbo I could plus I don't have to make any mods. HOWEVER.....not everyone lives near an IKEA....I do but guess what? They don't carry the Klingsbo and having it shipped is $100. Otherwise there's a couple of online display case suppliers that have some 4 shelf models in the $200 shipped range. If you can swing it I would suggest the Klingsbo or the Detlof in a pinch. I'm seriously considering the all day round trip to Oakland IKEA for a Klingsbo myself

IMO the Klingsbo looks like it's for tea cups and those little porcelain figures my grandma had. You're right about the shelf spacing being too big in the Detolf.

klingsbo-glass-door-cabinet__79343_PE202930_S4.JPG

Attachments

• klingsbo-glass-door-cabinet__79343_PE202930_S4.JPG
    klingsbo-glass-door-cabinet__79343_PE202930_S4.JPG
    11.1 KB · Views: 221
I live near an IKEA that has both those models. I had thought about picking up something like that but I would need a good way to stack them inside the tower.

I only have 7 pair right now but that number is growing rapidly.

Don't worry an I have the Same problem, I've been trying to get something for the last 2 months,and the prices are climbing by the minute, I'm actually considering making a metal one to my own needs, I've purchased more than 24 oakleys in the last months, and it's a shame having them get dirty with the dust, I'll let you know how it goes and maybe give you some ideas, good luck.

I own a detolf, got Dioder lighting on each shelf...cost me £60...IMO its absolutely perfect (atleast till a double wide pops up in my area) lol...it depends how you display your glasses how many you'll get in...boxes, stands, micro bags ya looking at 3 a shelf... I think it really looks the part aswell. Getting another next month to accommodate new purchases...there is a lock and key set available from Ikea aswell for the detolf...unsure about installation and looks etc.....I also bought an Oakley transfer sticker from eBay for £2 made to fit and it looks great...guests actually assume its Oakley and think I've paid a fortune for it.lol... Go with the detolf..won't be disappointed.

Just as a side note, I think the klingsbo would look loads better if the glass ran to the base like the detolf or if the bottom shelf was a drawer...I don't like the curvy feet.lol.

Back