• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Displaycase

Pyu76

Oakley Hoarder
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Portland, Oregon
Dont have the link. Its in Vancouver Washington. Its on craigslist portland.but its $200.00
00707_fEbwC7fifwL_600x450.jpg

Hey, man. I just want to give you fair warning. Please take no offense. I am only trying to be helpful, I assure you. I have the best of intentions...

With that said, it's not a good idea to post CL deals in the forum. When it happens, old wounds are opened, dead horses are beaten, and wars are waged and fought pointlessly... lol

Bottom line is this: I, along with everyone else, know that you have the best of intentions by trying to help another member out by posting a great CL find that you are unable to act on yourself. Many of us have done it only to learn the hard way why it is not a particularly good idea. Many times, someone may already be working with the seller on a deal. As much as we like to help our O-brothers out, non members are privy to the info posted here as well. By creating additional interest, deals are often blown for people and costs are inflated on account of the added interest. The consensus seems to be to let people do the legwork for themselves and search out their own deals. No need to make it too easy for people who don't put in the time when so many of us work so hard to seek out our own deals. Both sides of this have been argued countless times around here...

In the end, the moderators are the ones who suffer the most. They end up having to make tough calls, clean up threads, remove links, and listen to a bunch of bitc*ing and moaning. And in the event someone does lose out on a deal, they of course suffer too. It has happened more times than you may think.

I have probably done more harm than good by trying to point this out, but hopefully we can prevent another pointless, repetitive battle... :idk:

Last edited:
Hey, man. I just want to give you fair warning. Please take no offense. I am only trying to be helpful, I assure you. I have the best of intentions...

With that said, it's not a good idea to post CL deals in the forum. When it happens, old wounds are opened, dead horses are beaten, and wars are waged and fought pointlessly... lol

Bottom line is this: I, along with everyone else, know that you have the best of intentions by trying to help another member out by posting a great CL find that you are unable to act on yourself. Many of us have done it only to learn the hard way why it is not a particularly good idea. Many times, someone may already be working with the seller on a deal. As much as we like to help our O-brothers out, non members are privy to the info posted here as well. By creating additional interest, deals are often blown for people and costs are inflated on account of the added interest. The consensus seems to be to let people do the legwork for themselves and search out their own deals. No need to make it too easy for people who don't put in the time when so many of us work so hard to seek out our own deals. Both sides of this have been argued countless times around here...

In the end, the moderators are the ones who suffer the most. They end up having to make tough calls, clean up threads, remove links, and listen to a bunch of bitc*ing and moaning. And in the event someone does lose out on a deal, they of course suffer too. It has happened more times than you may think.

I have probably done more harm than good by trying to point this out, but hopefully we can prevent another pointless, repetitive battle... :idk:
That is why i have the title beginner attached to my name. Thx.

That is why i have the title beginner attached to my name. Thx.

Not a problem at all! I did the exact same thing when I first joined. I really just wanted to make a meaningful contribution while I was still learning, and it was politely pointed out to me, too. Nice that you are trying to help out...

Back