• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Distortion With Oakley Prescription Sunglass Lenses

roady

Oakley Beginner
For those of you that have experienced this problem, I'd like to know what other solution you found that worked (contacts will not work for me). Oakley will not talk to me. They only speak to opticians. So all I know is Oakley says one reason their prescription sunglasses lenses are so expensive is they are guaranteed not have have distortions. Mine have distortions and Oakley is unable to resolve the problem. I have no idea why since Oakley will not talk to me.

In case you are curious as to my product, it is the Flak Jacket XLJ. Driving there is no distortion. Cycling it is so terrible it is extremely dangerous.

Thank you in advance for the advice.

damn
i'm so happy that i can use contact lenses . . .
so i don't have to handle with that problem.

did you got them straight from oakley or through an optican?

okay....
and your optican can not deal with oakley to fix the problem?!?
i would say, give me some new lenses!!!

damn
i'm so happy that i can use contact lenses . . .
so i don't have to handle with that problem.

did you got them straight from oakley or through an optican?

Having purchased Oakley RX since 2002 myself, you have to go through and optician.

How old are the RX lenses? if in the year go back tot he place you got them through and have them fix it.

I have had a couple issues with RX.

I bought a set of X metal X RX in 2004 or 2005, in 2007 I damaged the lens, I went to an optician got a new Script, sent in my XX, I added a Anti glare to the back side of the lens this time

When i received them, There were pin hole spots that the inside coating was missed, right in line of sight.. it took a while but I finally got it resolved..

you just need to keep pressing your optician or find another place that works with Oakley RX to help you

Response

Got the lenses this month. The optician did sent the first order back to Oakley. The optician stated Oakley did find the order to be out of their tolerances and redid them. Whatever Oakley did the second time around did not fix the problem. The optician will be refunding all my monies, but I am left with still needing prescription sunglasses (with no distortion of course).

sounds weird!
maybe just order another pair from a different optician?!

The optician at first tried to state there was nothing wrong with the first order. I went by in person, and they spent a lot of time with me. They tried to get me to get another exam, but that solution made no sense to me as far as relating to the problem. I did not get another eye exam. The optician finally agreed to send the lenses back to Oakley for them to look at them. This is when Oakley stated the first order was bad.

Yes, I do not understand why Oakley cannot make the lenses correctly. It is not like I have been told I have a weird or hard prescription. I wish I knew. I really wanted Oakleys, but seriously the distortion is so severe that it is extremely dangerous to wear them cycling.

Do you think that would work? I mean the optician has nothing to do with the order other than relaying it to Oakley as far as I know. I mean Oakley manufactures the lenses no matter what optician you use.

Where through the Lenses are you looking for driving vs cycling. What kind of Distortion are you seeing? What is you Prescription? Was the issue with the lenses the same or different for each pair?

Mine is -1.25 (both eyes basically, except one is slightly different due to astigmatism) Anyway I have had the following oakley prescriptions:

M frame Strike
Half Jacket Polarized
XX (O Matter) Polarized
X Metal XX Polarized
Why 8.0 Clear

I never had any real distortions with them, just the coating issue.

Back