• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Distortion With Oakley Prescription Sunglass Lenses

Do you think that would work? I mean the optician has nothing to do with the order other than relaying it to Oakley as far as I know. I mean Oakley manufactures the lenses no matter what optician you use.

I think it might, some might be more willing to work out the issues while other will not.. I had one Optician when I had my cracked Shield for my M Frames and worked with me to either get it warrantied or at least a price break, I did not need the script, just out out shield

Not true. Your optician could be lying to you. My optician cuts glass in house. I gave him a pair of Square Whiskers to use and he never sent them to Oakley. Of course i was fine with this as the turn-around for Oakley would be 3-4 weeks and the price would be double what he charges. I figure they're prescription glasses and could change on a yearly basis, so i didn't care.

Your optician could be cutting them himself or sending them to someone else instead of Oakley.

I'm not sure and someone needs to check me on this, but i thought Oakley always etches an "O" on the left lense of their prescription lenses. Does your half jacket lenses have that?

Uhhhhh... I thought all prescription lenses were the same??? I will use the sunglasses for everything except night driving or inside a building.

The distortion is I feel like I am on a small circus bike. Things are closer than they appear. I found out that when I almost hit a car and then later my garage door when I got home (from a ride).

My prescription is -1.0 +1.25 (add) for both eyes.

Same issue both lens orders.

Do you road bike Jeff? On your Half Jacket Jeff, do you have the standard or XLJ lenses?

Uhhhhh... I thought all prescription lenses were the same??? I will use the sunglasses for everything except night driving or inside a building.

The distortion is I feel like I am on a small circus bike. Things are closer than they appear. I found out that when I almost hit a car and then later my garage door when I got home (from a ride).

My prescription is -1.0 +1.25 (add) for both eyes.

Same issue both lens orders.

Do you road bike Jeff? On your Half Jacket Jeff, do you have the standard or XLJ lenses?

Are they Polarized lenses? did one of the lenses had the 'O' on it? how long was it from initial order until you received them and how long the second time? I have found it is usually 2 week minimum each time, if they send them to Oakley

my half jackets are standard, I did not like the way I looked with the XLJ.

I don't road bike anymore, I stick to a Mountain bike, which I have not done in some time, but I have heard that you might not want polarized lenses for cycling.

No, they are not polarized. With polarized lenses black ice and water puddles become almost invisible. That is why I went non-polarized.

Yes, both orders had the Oakley logo on them. I used an optician a cycling friend used for standard Half Jacket prescription lenses. My friend has no problems. My first order took 7 calendar days as I recall. The second order was... I think it was like... almost 14 calendar days.

Correct on the Oakley "O" for telling if they are genuine. I checked this out before I selected an optician. I received this information directly from Oakley when I first inquired about ordering my prescription lenses.

Is the distortion down in the outer corners? maybe due to your script the standard half jacket might be better.

here is how the M frame RX looks.. notice where the actual RX stops:
2011-09-14_17-32-48_84.jpg

Back