• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Distressed Blue Radar

Fair enough. Had hoped that these had some actual sanding involved, be it machine or hand sanded, instead of just simple hydroprinting. =)

Saw these just earlier at my local O Store. Pictures are already great but passing around it in person makes an even better impression. Only lingering thought is I keep thinking "thermal sight" as opposed to "distressed".

Hydroprint, same with the Skate Deck glasses.

if you guys actually think about how the hydroprint process works, its super unlikely it was hydroprinted. i mean, you'll have to line up the wear marks with the frame during transfer which is a huge PITA. i say most certainly sanded. maybe machine finished (not hand sanded) but no way hydro..

One member stated that his frame finish "chipped" when he was trying to change the lenses on his Holbrook. Chipping is very common with hydroprinting, I suppose paint could chip too but it usually doesn't do that.

Who knows, they could very well be painted.

One member stated that his frame finish "chipped" when he was trying to change the lenses on his Holbrook. Chipping is very common with hydroprinting, I suppose paint could chip too but it usually doesn't do that.

Who knows, they could very well be painted.

Hello, lol.

After inspecting mine more I would say hydroprint.

Hydroprint, when attempting to change my lenses the frame chipped. I was able to exchange them for a new set, but I say you should take great care in lens exchanges or settle on one for good. Kinda defeats the purpose of a frame sold with 4 lenses so you can change them.

8726066204_894a9670c6_b.jpg

8724949191_5923c09145_b.jpg

Exact same thing happened to my skate deck brooks. It's stupid that Oakley uses this process that can't stand up to lens changes. They should advertise not to swap lenses on frames that come hydroprinted.

Hydroprint, when attempting to change my lenses the frame chipped. I was able to exchange them for a new set, but I say you should take great care in lens exchanges or settle on one for good. Kinda defeats the purpose of a frame sold with 4 lenses so you can change them.

8726066204_894a9670c6_b.jpg

8724949191_5923c09145_b.jpg

That blows. I mean, for frames like the Holbrook, when you're not expected to constantly change lenses, that could be understandable to an extent, but not for frames which has the purpose of being versatile enough for constant lens switching. Like ya said, defeats the purpose.

This kinda cracks me up.
You guys buy a pair of Oakley frames that are made to look like the finish has been chipped and scraped. And then when the frame actually does get chipped and scraped, y'all complain.o_O Looks like it's a no-win situation for Oakley.

I wouldn't sweat the chips. It adds to the character of the frame. It's the look you were going for in the first place, right? And it looks more realistic than the purposely applied "wear" anyway. I guess because it's...well...real.

Back