1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. TheDutchman92

TheDutchman92 Oakley Enthusiast

Anyone with a bit of expirience know if I can simply paint a grey camo pattern on the MPH white monster dog using a sharpie or paint pen? Would any additional treatment be needed?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

Never paint glasses myself. But from what I know when I was in the motor trade. You will have to have some sort of key on the frame for the paint to adhere to & also a sealer coat over the top to stop it from coming off. Preperation is the key factor with it. Poor preperation & the paint will not stick.

3. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

waitinf for the Doctor to weigh in on this!

4. yoshi1984

yoshi1984 I love working Dispatch

SIMPLE ANSWER: leave it to the professionals. Almost every time someone does this themselves it looks like crap im just being honest here but very very few of us here are professional painters for a living. I've seen some shotty icon paint work before.

5. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

I'm with you on this one yoshi.......................wait til "dr's in the house".....................(90's ref there for all you UK raver's......Herb's & Mrs H)..............but I to would have a word with dr. chop as he's an artist with his work.

6. yoshi1984

yoshi1984 I love working Dispatch

Don't leave work to the amateurs. Yes if we are talking about the forum particularly, then Dr. Chop is the person to call.
    I leave my stuff alone. I rarely even switch out lenses.

7. TheDutchman92

TheDutchman92 Oakley Enthusiast

Might wait till the MPH white hit rock bottom prices on eBay, much like the MPH pups going for $50 at the moment

8. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

ill chime in in a few minutes...need a sticky lol

9. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

you can probably do somehing like that, but you get the results of what you put in it. so with that said, why ruin good oakleys with ad sh!t? not to be rude, but thats like putting gas station shades on your face...

k, with that clarified, sure you can use rattle can paint...as with ANY paint job, prep is key. plastic isn't the easiest thing to get paint to bond to...you have to wait til the base is fully cured before applying your "paint pen" treatment or whatever is next. if you plan to wear them, yes you must apply a topcoat compatible with your paint...I use automotive high end paints and iwata airbrushes so I have no recommendations for rattle can product to use...Good luck with that...putting lenses back in after paint is always fun...