• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do Any Oakley Bags Have Provisions For An Oversized 17" Laptop?

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
I'm inheriting a gaming laptop we've re-purposed as a mobile CAD station at work. The bag the current owner uses isn't coming with it.

Turns out finding a bag to fit this thing won't be a walk in the park.

It's a 17.3" that also has a big chunky fan grille that adds front-back size.

Anybody carrying a full size workstation laptop like this in Oakley gear?

I have an echo Charlie from 3 years ago that works well for my 17in. I will take a pick of it on Tuesday as it is at work.

I'm inheriting a gaming laptop we've re-purposed as a mobile CAD station at work. The bag the current owner uses isn't coming with it.

Turns out finding a bag to fit this thing won't be a walk in the park.

It's a 17.3" that also has a big chunky fan grille that adds front-back size.

Anybody carrying a full size workstation laptop like this in Oakley gear?

alienware? tried my friends 17 on my KS as well....

alienware? tried my friends 17 on my KS as well....
I believe it's an Asus.

And it has a 17" screen and a fat ass. I mean, I like big butts and I cannot lie, you other brothers can deny or not (don't really care), but DAMN if it ain't making it hard to find a bag I KNOW will fit.
asus-gaming-laptop-2.jpg

I don't know what that means. As I'm not very familiar with the sink bags.

Was yours a 17.3 that also had a large border and heat sink/fan chunk on the ass end?
Well the bags have a side zipper where you can take the laptop out without opening the bag, but only for 15" or smaller. And I had an extended battery, but it wasnt pushing its capacity that I could tell.

My Asus G73A fits in the SI laptop bag (dexter bag). Dimensions are 16.3” (W) x 12.6” (D) x 1.8” (H). Listed dimensions for the G750 series show as 16.1 x 12.5 x 0.7 ~2.3 inch (WxDxH) (w/ 8cell battery). Not certain how much the height difference would make.