1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. yourcrush

yourcrush Oakley Beginner

I recently bought a pair of Split Jackets. It looks really clean and authentic (as i was able to gethold of split jackets and study them before making the purchase). Eventhough it only came with the pouch, i bought it because it was relatively cheaper and it looked awesome.
    I asked around different stores and they told me that it was either authentic or a very very good replica. Another guy told me that fake Split Jackets still don't exist since replicating an Oakley with moving parts is very difficult (there are fake Jawbones though).
    Lastly, i searched the internet for people selling fake splits. I found none.

How do i know for sure wheather this is authentic or not?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

On the jaw of the split jacket, the part that you swing down to change the lenses, there will be an oakley logo molded in to the frame.

3. yourcrush

Thanks for the info.

My Oakleys are the 9099-01 model. Yes they do have the Oakley logos on both sides. I guess I'm safe then.

4. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

Your welcome. I have not seen a fake split jacket so I would guess you are safe.

5. Oakster

Oakster Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

You're probably safe - I would consider myself an "expert" on fake Jawbones of which there are TONS! I get to be the person that people get mad at because my jaws don't fit their "real Jawbones that they got a really really good deal on". The 100% tell tale sign that a jawbone is fake is the screw. Fakes all have a flat head screw. Pics below of both.
    Do Fake Split Jackets Exist? - DSC04766.jpg
    Do Fake Split Jackets Exist? - ScreenShot2012-03-19at84247AM.png

6. Oakster

Oakster Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

The real ones are the black ones.

7. yourcrush

Thanks a lot for this info. That was really helpful. I never would have thought or noticed this detail. Cheers!