• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do Fake Split Jackets Exist?

yourcrush

Oakley Beginner
I recently bought a pair of Split Jackets. It looks really clean and authentic (as i was able to gethold of split jackets and study them before making the purchase). Eventhough it only came with the pouch, i bought it because it was relatively cheaper and it looked awesome.
I asked around different stores and they told me that it was either authentic or a very very good replica. Another guy told me that fake Split Jackets still don't exist since replicating an Oakley with moving parts is very difficult (there are fake Jawbones though).
Lastly, i searched the internet for people selling fake splits. I found none.

How do i know for sure wheather this is authentic or not?

On the jaw of the split jacket, the part that you swing down to change the lenses, there will be an oakley logo molded in to the frame.

On the jaw of the split jacket, the part that you swing down to change the lenses, there will be an oakley logo molded in to the frame.

Thanks for the info.

My Oakleys are the 9099-01 model. Yes they do have the Oakley logos on both sides. I guess I'm safe then.

You're probably safe - I would consider myself an "expert" on fake Jawbones of which there are TONS! I get to be the person that people get mad at because my jaws don't fit their "real Jawbones that they got a really really good deal on". The 100% tell tale sign that a jawbone is fake is the screw. Fakes all have a flat head screw. Pics below of both.
DSC04766.jpg
ScreenShot2012-03-19at84247AM.png

Back