• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do I look like a @#!+~@

Every day 10 year old oakleys turn up for sale in unworn condition with various reasons for the lack of use.
I think that most of the time it's either an impulse buy (normally a stand out "look at me" colourway) or being too worried about damaging them.

To most normal people X metals probably fall into both categories.

Personally for me in the U.K i wear variations of wire/o matter for mundane things like picking the kids up from school etc.

But I still wear my x metals with pride at all other times

I think they will always be in style. They will always stand out from the plastic frames.

I have to agree. I don't know that they will ever be out. They have always stood out and, still do to this day. They are very unique in every aspect from design to the technology, and being a modular frame certainly helps to add to their longevity.

The fact that they can be custom fitted to accommodate a large variety of face types and, like for me, even accommodate my imperfectly shaped skull, makes them more desirable to those who know about them. By offsetting the t-shox I have a frame that fits me better than any other frame I have ever used.

I will always wear X-Metals.

i was asking my friends last weekend if i should wear my Xmetal BIP Juliets or my Polished Black/Gunmetal Two Face BIP. we were out of town for a 2 day bachelor party thing and those were the two pairs i brought with. one said the Two Face cause the Juliets made me look like Morpheus from the Matrix movies (they don't look anything like his nose shade things but whatever). he said he didn't like small frames anymore and that small frames looked like they were too 90's ish. my other friend said to wear the Juliets and he liked the Morpheus look and they looked like they were made out of bad ass tank parts. lol. so who knows.

Last edited:
Back