1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Thh420

Thh420 Oakley Beginner

I found a guy that does a lot of dipping, and he quoted me 25 bucks for multicam dipping my batwolfs, do I need to completely take them apart, arms off, to have them done?

And what's the easiest way to do that?

He's a few hours south and west of me, with him being near columbia SC. Does anyone have any experience with his work?

http://www.carolinacustomcamo.com

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. da_nige

da_nige Oakley Enthusiast

For the group buys all we had to do was remove icons and lenses although admittedly that was a different company

3. Thh420

Thh420 Oakley Beginner

Ok, I hope they come out right. Dude seems pretty legit from talking with him. He has an FFL too.

4. stn51

stn51 I NEED ANOTHER FUEL CELL!

i have had someone local dip mine, and i took them apart. i think it allowed him to match up the carbon fiber better.i like having them apart, i know the group buy they didnt take them apart.

5. Thh420

Thh420 Oakley Beginner

What's a good guide on taking the arms off, without breaking them? I see the little pins in the hinges, but I have no clue on the how of driving them out.

6. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

There shouldn't be any pins in a Batwolf.

7. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

I don't remove the stems whenever I send glasses out. Have done 3 group buys so far in progress of the 4th.

8. Thh420

Thh420 Oakley Beginner

They're not pins, I just said that instead of little bitty thing that holds the arm to the frame.

9. stn51

stn51 I NEED ANOTHER FUEL CELL!

i just gently twist them out, i have taken them apart multiple time and they always go back in just fine.

10. Thh420

Thh420 Oakley Beginner

I think I'm going to send dude the bare frame as is. I don't want to jack it up, by trying to remove them. If he breaks them he buys, I break them I cry.