• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do My New Straight Jackets Have The Hydrophobic Coating? Are They Fake?

That's even worse. Who wants to remove the lenses from Straight Jacket frames every time this stuff wears off?

i have used my nanoclear pen several times and never noticed them staining my frame. even my matte black half jackets.

most of Mine have the H same with Minutes but i am not even bothering with pen Seems like a delayed disaster down the road...non HP are fine with me

Is there any older stock out there?

Zappos description says:

"Own a piece of history by getting a limited edition from the first production run. With a unique serial number to mark its position among 2000 select frames, each Collectors Edition will be one of a kind."

I contacted them and while they really didn't know anything about the hydrophobic coating other than what the description says, they did say that the polished black/black iridium model is of the limited edition first 2000 production run...so maybe they WILL have the coating included? I think I might take a shot, I can always return them if need be.

Thoughts?

Well for anyone interested:

The Straight Jackets from Zappos DID have the blue sticker and did NOT include the nano-clear pen. They had a date of 6/1/09, so they are definitely older than the 2011 model that came with the pen. So, from what I can tell they should have the real bonded Hydrophobic coating. Correct?

Also, this set's bag tag says made in China. The newer ones with the lens pen had a bag made in Cambodia....any one else notice this?

Latest Posts

Back