• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do my XX need a tightening?

A question if I may @Slojack... You say that you considered these your tightest pair? Which makes me think there is an underlying issue, I've had some pretty lose pairs in my time and never had a pin just fall out... Which leads me to think these must of been either 1) seriously floppy at the bridge 2) there is some damage to the bridge were the pin is inserted or 3) they have been serviced before with an incorrect (smaller diameter) pin.

I hope it's not #2

A question if I may @Slojack... You say that you considered these your tightest pair? Which makes me think there is an underlying issue, I've had some pretty lose pairs in my time and never had a pin just fall out... Which leads me to think these must of been either 1) seriously floppy at the bridge 2) there is some damage to the bridge were the pin is inserted or 3) they have been serviced before with an incorrect (smaller diameter) pin.

I hope it's not #2
I'll find out the answer when I send them to the X-Man. I don't know who serviced them before. I got them from a member on here.

Having stripped them to send to be fixed, I noticed it looks like the pins had been used before. I would think new pins wouldn't have a small indent on the front where a pusher would leave a mark to remove.

Back