• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS EBAY SELLER...beatmaster7 Aka JAKE ****S!!!!

Uluahunter

I should Work at Oakley
Hawaii
So I recently won a bid for a pair of Fast Jacket Blue Iridium XL lenses on July 18th. The seller listed them as BNWT's, but his actual description stated..."Up for sale is a set of 100% authentic blue iridium XL lens for Oakley fast jacket there is no scratches on them and they have only been used a couple of times comes with an Oakley micro fiber bag for the lens". So obviously I took it as these were not BNWT's, but slightly used.

So the auction ends and I end up winning the lenses for $26.01 (free shipping), cool! Now fast forward a bit...I paid immediately after the auction ended, waited a few days for confirmation of shipping and did not receive any communications from the seller at all. So after 3 days, I messaged the seller through eBay...no response whatsoever, but 2 days after that the lenses arrive. As I always do, I open the package to inspect my purchase. After close examination, I find the lenses littered with nicks, scratches, smears and smudges...not even close to the seller's description in his listing!!! So I immediately message the seller again...this time explaining my disappointment and dissatisfaction for the item that was sent, not as described and paid for, but exactly the opposite. I include options within my messages for a resolution to the issues, either a partial refund of at least $10, a full refund or whatever else he may have in mind...no reply again. I send four more messages over a four day time period, lastly giving the seller an ultimatum to respond by Friday, July 27th midnight or I will open a claim against him.

Low and behold, the seller finally responds at 10pm on Friday, but he responds through my personal email and not eBay messaging. I immediately reply back through eBay asking why he was trying to circumvent the system. I told him that I want all conversations between us to be logged on eBay for the record. He sends me a reply soon after stating..."I am sorry I was on the road and the only possible I could reach you was through personal email. I will give you a refund however you will have to pay for shipping because in my listing there is no returns". He also goes on to say in another message that he wants me to ship the lense back first, before he provides my refund. Okay, so at this point I'm frustrated and on edge. I feel that I went above and beyond to communicate with the seller from the very start, back to when I initially asked about when my package would be sent. And 10 days after the auction ends I finally get a response. So I turn around and accept his offer for a full refund, but say that I won't send anything back without first receiving and clearing a full refund. I also ask him to cover return shipping as a part of the resolution...a tiny part to agree to in lieu of all the BS I had to put up with. He refuses. Okay game on...

The next day I open a case agains the seller for "item purchased and not received as described". I notify the seller that I've run out of patience and no longer want to deal with him one on one. Then the jerk responds with..."I will be willing to give you a refund as soon as you provide me with some pictures of the damage." So that's exactly what I do. I send a total of 17 macro photos showing all signs of nicks, scratches, smears, smudges, etc. to his personal email, and also log the conversation through my eBay case. I even go the extra mile to post 4 additional macro photos of my own Fast Jacket BI XL lenses as a comparison, to show him exactly what a used, but well taken care of pair of lenses look like compared to his pieces of #%!*! I also begin wondering why only after I open a case against him would he ask for photos of my claims that his lenses were sent damaged....when in previous messages he was willing to provide a full refund without any questions.

Today he responds back with this..."First off there is almost no difference in the black iridium lens and the ones I sent you and second when I ship you the blue iridium XL lens I know that they absolutely were not that scratched as they were in the photos. However simply because I want this all of my hands I will refund your money. you will have to pay the few dollars to ship them back to me." Muthaflower!!!!! Now I'm pissed!!! This jerk now has the nerve to say that there is no difference between my lens conditions and his pieces of crap! Now, pay close attention to his words..."I know that they absolutely were not that scratched as they were in the photos..." Here is where he screws up! He admitted that he was aware of his lenses being scratched! What an idiot! The BS just keeps getting deeper and deeper! AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I also reply saying that I used proper backlighting to capture all the evidence of damages as my claim states, along with a good camera that allowed for macro photos...not a smartphone photo like he took.

So I copy eBay on the entire conversation, with knowledge that copies were sent to the seller also. Guess what?...no response again. So now I'm playing the waiting game again to see if he'll send my full refund to my PP account. Something tells me that he's not going to. That's fine, I'll hopefully get things straightened out by eBay claims and they can front me my purchase cost, then it'll be off my back. I know that it's only $26, but it not only that, it's the principle of the entire experience.

As a warning to everyone here....avoid Jake ****s aka beatmaster7, he is a dishonest and untrustworthy seller on eBay!

Here's the original listing when I won it...Oakley Fast Jacket Blue Iridium XL Lens | eBay

***** Hahaha...the forum automatically edits out his last name because it could be taken as a vulgar word, LOL! For the record, it rhymes with "wicks" or "cricks" or "nicks" or "sticks"...starts with a D! LMAO!****

His feedback is bad and plagued with bs.

Yeah, my bid was placed as an impulse buy...I maxed it out at $30 so I wouldn't be risking too much. I normally check feedback history, but lately it really isn't playing a factor. I've had issues with sellers having 500+ transactions and perfect feedback. The difference with those sellers is customer service...they'll usually treat you right, communicate properly and timely and work with you on a resolution. Not like the dirtbag beatmaster7 aka Jake D.i.c.k.s...

Hunter, if you go thru eBay, you should be covered, almost 100% certain.
You must return item to seller with tracking.
Once tracking shows delivered, if you've already escalated case to eBay for decision, PayPal should automatically credit your account for price paid + shipping paid.

Thanks OOO! I read through the terms again after I opened my case. That's where I feel shorted...the seller in this case is the one that did me wrong, but yet I still need to eat the cost to return his crappy lenses back to him. He admitted in writing that he knew the lenses were scratched. I think that admission should be evidence enough to warrant the seller to fully refund my money + pay for return shipping. I strongly feel that I shouldn't be held responsible for paying anything out of pocket in this case.

The thing that makes this case more difficult is that the seller included shipping in his auction. I don't recall if there was a shipping rate posted on the padded envelope he mailed to me, it was the one time in years that I actually threw away the shipping package right after opening it and removing the contents. Normally I keep everything as backup, just in case of incidents like this one. Amazing timing on this one! I'm done with this entire fiasco...I'll just ship his crap back to him as soon as I receive my full refund and eat the cheapest rate to return ship.

Thanks OOO! I read through the terms again after I opened my case. That's where I feel shorted...the seller in this case is the one that did me wrong, but yet I still need to eat the cost to return his crappy lenses back to him. He admitted in writing that he knew the lenses were scratched. I think that admission should be evidence enough to warrant the seller to fully refund my money + pay for return shipping. I strongly feel that I shouldn't be held responsible for paying anything out of pocket in this case.

The thing that makes this case more difficult is that the seller included shipping in his auction. I don't recall if there was a shipping rate posted on the padded envelope he mailed to me, it was the one time in years that I actually threw away the shipping package right after opening it and removing the contents. Normally I keep everything as backup, just in case of incidents like this one. Amazing timing on this one! I'm done with this entire fiasco...I'll just ship his crap back to him as soon as I receive my full refund and eat the cheapest rate to return ship.

To me if he knew they were scratched & has told you so then that is admitting guilt. You should get a full refund & F*K sending them back, otherwise someone else will be in the same position. Get your money back & throw them away.

Seams to sell the same pair of headphones a lot too & then has to refund people. Richard Cranium springs to mind.

Yeah, unfortunatley if the seller is not a business seller then the buyer has to return the item, tracked, and pay for the return shipping. That's the rules. You will be refunded the full amount you bid plus the original shipping costs though.

Yeah, unfortunatley if the seller is not a business seller then the buyer has to return the item, tracked, and pay for the return shipping. That's the rules. You will be refunded the full amount you bid plus the original shipping costs though.

This is true & understandable but a good honest seller would help you out. I doubt whether this one will though. But like jk-27 says, you have to send them back & at your cost otherwise you could get nothing back from eBay.

I just had the same thing happen with a pair of half jacket lenses. Failed to communicate, I filed a claim and won. Cost me$2.50 to ship them back. Which I think is bull. eBay should teach sellers a lesson by charging them return cost when they misrepresent something.

Back