• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do Oakley Vault Employees Work On Commission

lawman0210

Oakley Expert
I'm going to local vault where last 2 trips spent over 1500.00. I had an issue where it cost me 100.00 out of my pocket on a return (long story). Anyway going back tomorrow (unfortunately its the only one around) and plan on buying 6 pair or so. If they are on commission I already know what I want. I am going to pick the newest, youngest, most inexperience one there and say "I want that one, that one and that one etc, ring them up". If they are not on commision I am still going to buy them but I am going to run them all around the store looking at eacg and every pair before I bag them

No. But they do have the ability to earn a small portion of their sales in the form of a bonus if certain sales goals are met

If you are buying 6 pairs, they will be happy to show you each and every pair you wish to see

I don't know how the Oakley sales associates are compensated (and I use that term loosely knowing Luxottica), but at Pearle Vision, employees work on a tiered commission basis, where the better the store does with respect to sales goals in a given week, the greater percentage of his/her sales an associate will earn in commission.

Regardless of how Oakley's commission is structured, spending a large amount of money does not buy you the right to mistreat the sales associates and purposely overwork them for your amusement. Your screen name worries me because it suggests you are involved with law enforcement, which, if true, makes me feel for anyone forced to endure your power trip and ego.

I'm going to local vault where last 2 trips spent over 1500.00. I had an issue where it cost me 100.00 out of my pocket on a return (long story). Anyway going back tomorrow (unfortunately its the only one around) and plan on buying 6 pair or so. If they are on commission I already know what I want. I am going to pick the newest, youngest, most inexperience one there and say "I want that one, that one and that one etc, ring them up". If they are not on commision I am still going to buy them but I am going to run them all around the store looking at eacg and every pair before I bag them
What a **** move

I don't know how the Oakley sales associates are compensated (and I use that term loosely knowing Luxottica), but at Pearle Vision, employees work on a tiered commission basis, where the better the store does with respect to sales goals in a given week, the greater percentage of his/her sales an associate will earn in commission.

Regardless of how Oakley's commission is structured, spending a large amount of money does not buy you the right to mistreat the sales associates and purposely overwork them for your amusement. Your screen name worries me because it suggests you are involved with law enforcement, which, if true, makes me feel for anyone forced to endure your power trip and ego.
Let me clarify my previous statement. If they are on commision I'm giving the sale to the new guy/gal. If there not on commision then instead of making the new guy work I'm going to the prior sales guys who promised me the world prior, during and after just after my sale but gave me the big middle finger when I tried to contact them concerning an issue with one of the items that was clearly their mistake and that cost me 100.00 in fuel, and tolls to return the item for a new one. So I'm only going to give them what they gave me a bunch of BS. However since he does go towards a bonus I won't even bother to look at them. The cutest hottest girl gets the sale tomorrow ;)

Let me clarify my previous statement. If they are on commision I'm giving the sale to the new guy/gal. If there not on commision then instead of making the new guy work I'm going to the prior sales guys who promised me the world prior, during and after just after my sale but gave me the big middle finger when I tried to contact them concerning an issue with one of the items that was clearly their mistake and that cost me 100.00 in fuel, and tolls to return the item for a new one. So I'm only going to give them what they gave me a bunch of BS. However since he does go towards a bonus I won't even bother to look at them. The cutest hottest girl gets the sale tomorrow ;)

When I was single I used to tip the hot servers better, so fair enough :) If the mistake was theirs, they should have owned up to it and found a way to compensate you, if not for customer satisfaction, at least customer retention.

When I was single I used to tip the hot servers better, so fair enough :) If the mistake was theirs, they should have owned up to it and found a way to compensate you, if not for customer satisfaction, at least customer retention.
Ty for understanding. I really am not going to run them around I however am going to seek a new sales person regardless if they are there or not.
Pm me sometime ill give you the low down on what happened

If there not on commision then instead of making the new guy work I'm going to the prior sales guys who promised me the world prior, during and after just after my sale but gave me the big middle finger when I tried to contact them concerning an issue with one of the items that was clearly their mistake and that cost me 100.00 in fuel, and tolls to return the item for a new one.

So it's Oakley's fault you live far away??

Latest Posts

Back