• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do Oakleys "Break In"?

RavynX

Oakley Beginner
Texas
Hey all, I've worn my set of Oakley Flak Jackets for years and love them. I went to the store recently and I like the look of the Batwolfs and tried them on. They fit well but I felt slight pressure on the sides of my head from the ear pieces. Do Oakley frames stretch or break in at all or should I take this slight pressure to mean these frames aren't for my head? I don't want to wear these for driving for hours if the pressure will build over time and cause a headache.

Thanks!

Depends on frame material ...

But I'll quote you and say you have a point ... "take this slight pressure to mean these frames aren't for your head"

Since the Batwolfs don't have any rubber they have to rely on the friction with your head to stay on. If they are pinching I would pass on them. The Flak's fit is a whole different animal though, flexy stems and rubber to keep them in place means they don't need to be tight to stay in place.

Hey all, I've worn my set of Oakley Flak Jackets for years and love them. I went to the store recently and I like the look of the Batwolfs and tried them on. They fit well but I felt slight pressure on the sides of my head from the ear pieces. Do Oakley frames stretch or break in at all or should I take this slight pressure to mean these frames aren't for my head? I don't want to wear these for driving for hours if the pressure will build over time and cause a headache.

Thanks!

Don't worry about the pressure unless the frames really are too small for you.

The sport frames (so the Flak) are intentionally made with a narrow gap at the end of the stems to be tight, but the frame material (o-matter) doesn't resist so much against flex. As someone who wears a Jawbone 4+ hours each day this never led to pain issues. Tbh it's felt better than other sport frames (under different brands) I've used for everyday wear. So not to sound like a shill, but there's confidence Oakley thought it out. The fit in general is supposed to be 3-point, so they're well aware of how the stems should meet the face.

Back