• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do Oakley's seem to sharpen anyone else's vision?

OF4L

Oakley Enthusiast
I find my sunglasses definitely sharpen my vision.

I've tested it with my two pair vs another quality-but-not-Oakley pair. Only happens with my oaks.

Does this happen for anyone else?

I don't think so but then again --- my vision used to be S-----ty until the miracle of Lasik. I went from not having any kind of far away vision to 20-21 vision. ( Huge Difference!)

It def helps though with the other things mentioned such as contrast, glare reduction, and other nifty visual extensions.

Fire Iridium absolutely does for me. My go-to Radar lens for riding in all weather conditions except rain, and a favorite Juliet and Holbrook lens. Been telling people that for years. My favorite riding weather is small white puffy clouds and blistering blazing sunlight...and that lens just makes the world a prettier, sharper place. ;)

It's def about the color and the wavelengths they block/allow. They don't sharpen my "vision" But they can improve contrast. Ie Prizm for certain conditions, or bronze/amber based lenses in flat light.
If it works for you though, that's great! Wish I had 20/20 vision.... without glasses. :)

The Prizm baseball really do work for baseball and helps clear up the field/ball.

I found that trail is a perfect lens for when it is raining hard

I fly RC Helicopters and I have tried other brands such as UA and even Ray Ban and nothing beats Oakley's for me...hands down. My 2 favorite lens choice (both used in the Racing Jackets) are the Jade Iridium and the Positive Red Iridium (which are in Polarized but the Jade Iridiums are non-polarized).
Wearing these do indeed sharpen my vision in a huge way...obviously because looking in the sky much of the glare is taken away and both of these lens type are designed to bring out objects...or rather make certain objects more obvious to see...another words they are awesome for Contrast and not quite as dark (in fact I can actually use these in low light flying as well)...the World around me while wearing my Oakley's has this effect like I am turning on an HDTV blu-ray World versus just a standard resolution World.
I recently decided to try out a new Prizm lens only I ordered the wrong kind...I thought that using the "trail" version would suit me well as they are good for both low and high light settings...another words I could wear these and fly even with a strong thick overcast.
I am so glad that I was able to return them to Oakley for a full refund because they did just the opposite of what I wanted them to do...they kinda blur out the sky and makes it even harder to see my RC Heli...unless the whole entire Heli is in neon orange color (these particular Prizm's bring out oranges amazingly well)...not to mention not having quite enough darkness to them for those very bright days.
So I am going to try out the Oakley Prizm Baseball lens...either the infield or outfield but more than likely the outfield and just throw them in my Radarlocks as they do not make these for the Racing Jackets which kinda sucks as the Racing Jackets are my favorite for flying RC..but the Radarlocks are still great. These are designed to strongly bring out objects against a blueish sky...I hope these work well but if they do not I am still extremely satisfied with both the Jade Iridium and Positive Red Iridium Polarized lens I am using now..the Jade Iridium being my overall favorite.
I also may be ordering the JawBreaker's real soon as those look awesome (and I do have a big head) so these seem like they would be perfect for flying RC...and just throw in the Jade Iridium lens and be one happy guy.

So to put it quite simply again..yes Oakley's DEFINITELY sharpen up my vision...and being legally blind I do have to wear contacts so I have nowhere near 20/20 vision but the combination of contacts and awesome Oakley shades...I feel as if I have super human vision :)..and so far out of several different brands of sunglasses I have tried Oakley have been the best for me. I do love them. :)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back