• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do These Suit Me?

D-Rat

Oakley Beginner
Hi, I'm a newbie to the forum and a semi-newbie to Oakley glasses, however I've done some research and over the course of the past 6 months I've collected a couple pairs of glasses.
Anyhow, I'll cut to the chase; I'm not really sure if they suit me or not..
The first pair are Antix Black Ghost text / Ice iridium lens
The second pair are Flak Jacket XLJ's silver frame / fire iridium lens / team red ear socks

Also, I was looking at perhaps getting either a pair of Holbrooks, Jupiters or a wire framed pair.
I realize its hard to tell if a pair suits someone without trying them on, but I haven't / won't have time to get out to a Sunglass Hut or an Oakley Vault, so any remarks regarding what might look good on me would be greatly appreciated.

In any case, here are the rules (copied from Herbsley's thread)

First rule of the "Do I Suit These" Thread, is do not talk about the "Do I Suit These" Thread.
Second rule of the "Do I Suit These" Thread is, you DO NOT talk about the "Do I Suit These" Thread.

Rule 3 - "The Nut Up Rule" - If you are asking opinions in this thread, you have to be prepared that someone will say you do not suit the frame/lens. You are asking opinions, so must expect them.

Rule 4 - "The Shut Up Rule" - If you are replying to someone's "Do I Suit These?" request, then if you cannot say something polite and non-confrontational, then do not say it at all. A simple "No, you don't suit them" will suffice.

vicv2s.jpg

34tcrc7.jpg

34ys37s.jpg

15yaq0h.jpg

Appologies for the double post & bumping so soon, but my thread hasn't appeared on the main 'new post' section :/
Maybe its just a thing with this forum?

Again, appologies :p

Both look fine. Now i need to go to the chiropractor to adjust my neck from having to turn it sideways to look at your pictures :lol:

Thanks for the input :p

Yeah, I don't know what happened there, I took all four of those pictures normally, but their view got turned sideways somewhere between my phone and the image hosting site :/

Aside from making me feel like Emlyn Hughes in the Picture Round on 'A Question of Sport' circa 1980s BBC, I would say No to the Antix and Yes to the Flaks. I think you have a face, like most humans (such as myself), to be fair, that does not suit a shield lens as a casual sunglass.

Trade the Antix for a Hijinx, and you'll see what I mean.

But then I would say that, wouldn't I . . . .

In my opinion a suit demands a simple black wire frame pair. If you're looking for one I'd suggest a simple Square Wire, which can be had for pretty cheap. Or roam the forum sales threads and find a cheap set. This place is great for trying to find a deal on pairs that aren't signature/artist/rare for a great price and in impeccable condition.

I'm not a fan of the color combination on the Flaks, but the frame fits you.

Antix look too big to be honest.

I think the Antix look great on you especially the color. Now your tie needs to be tied shorter so the tip just covers your belt buckle and your gig line is all out of whack, get a dress watch and blouse that shirt correctly or get some slim fit shirts.

Sorry my sartorial side comes out once in a while

Thanks to all for the input :)

And, lol, I know my tie is too long and stuff, its my school uniform (blegh).. I should take more pride in wearing that uniform than I do, thats for sure :p

+1 on the Flaks. The Antix work, but the way you're dressed is throwing my perception off a bit :cool:. Since you have a longer face structure, try looking for frames that provide more height coverage...something like the jawbones or pit bulls. Holbrooks/Jupiters may also work for you too, like you mentioned.

Latest Posts

Back