• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do You Cover One Arm When Storing Your Oakleys?

Frogskins

I am Jim Jannard...
New Jersey
When you buy a brand new pair of Oaks, they always come with one (or sometimes two) of the arms covered with a plastic sleeve.

I'm guessing this is to prevent one arm from rubbing the other during transport.

Do anyone of you keep the plastic sleeve on when you store your glasses in the bag?

I started to use two microfiber bags for one pair of glasses - one goes around one arm (like the plastic sleeve) and the shades go in the bag (to prevent one arm from rubbing the other.

However, it's somewhat of a pain and I'm starting to think that perhaps this is not necessary or a waste of time.

What do you all think?

I do keep the plasctic on basically all that come with one. Most secondhand don't come with one but if they're special to me ill swap one over from a less important piece. I always cover the arm with the serial and fold that arm in first lol.

I keep the plastic but only in the box in case I sell the pair later I have it. I wear all of mine so they are bound to get some rub.

Good topic!

I have started keeping the plastic on as well, folded in first. When not in the box though (on the stand) i don't have anything on them.

I never saw any point in using the plastic sleeves after shipping. I have never experienced any sort of rubbing on the earstems, but there must be some reason for including the sleeves, otherwise I'm sure Lux would have done away with them already. ...I always keep the stupid things in the box though, just so they're 100% complete, in case I sell the glasses or something.

I never saw any point in using the plastic sleeves after shipping. I have never experienced any sort of rubbing on the earstems, but there must be some reason for including the sleeves, otherwise I'm sure Lux would have done away with them already. ...I always keep the stupid things in the box though, just so they're 100% complete, in case I sell the glasses or something.
+1

Back