• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do You Feel Weird Wearing Black/yellow Oakleys Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacketFan

Oakley Beginner
I really like black/yellow Oakleys but I think I would feel strange wearing a pair after armstrong came out as a huge liar/jerk/cheater.

It's funny. That was a topic that I was just discussing with my vault manager.
Live strong is a foundation. It's more than just lance Armstrong.
The foundation is more than just Lance.

No I wouldn't, I still have a livestrong t shirt I have worn since it all (finally) broke. As oakleyfrank says the foundation has become so much bigger than just Lance.
THose Lance A Pro m frames with his sig on the lense if i still had them not sure i'd wear them however.

I know but it's the first thing that pops in your head, lance.

I am just putting together my collection and will feature it once I do the big move. He was a liar and cheater but so was EVERY other cyclist in those days... what means the most to me is this: why did TDF not give his wins to anyone else? because they know that the next guy and the next guy and the guy after that were all doping too.

Livestrong is an AMAZING foundation and has given so much! Without it, there wouldn't be as much awareness/funding/etc. Think of what that yellow bracelet did for Cancer awareness.

This is something that's above and beyond "sport".

Agreed.....

Just because Lance did what he did, doesn't mean a foundation also has to suffer, unless the foundation is a fraud in some way......

I know but it's the first thing that pops in your head, lance.

For a lot of people, yes that is true that's the first thing they think of. They need to look past the fact that Lance is just a person. He isn't THE organization who helps millions. He was a symbol of hope. He's gone but there's still that organization there to give hope to people.

I wear mine when I ride my MTB. Wore them today and will wear them tomorrow. My livestrong FC that is. I don't care one way or the other they are Oakleys and I am wearing them.

The only reason I don't wear black and yellow is because I don't like the color combo. But I will continue to wear the Juan Pelota jawbone because part of the proceeds went to livestrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back