• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do You Feel Weird Wearing Black/yellow Oakleys Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The foundation is still backing a great cause so I do not see why you would have any concern, you can't flaw them on the actions of one man.

I see the LiveStrong flak jackets and just figure they are part of the MLB collection- for Pittsburgh Pirates. :)

I wouldnt at all, but im in the minority that thinks they should just legalize it anyway. I dont think steroids or peds in sports is cheating because to me it has to give you an unfair advantage and since i believe they almost all do them, there is no advantage. I know others feel differently but thats just my opinion.

I'm usually the type that doesn't care but to be honest, I gotta say the fact he cheated does bug me. But then you have the fact that everyone else cheated. But I don't think that excuses it. Imaging loving a sport and wanting to compete in it only to find out that you can't unless you mess your body up with drugs.

But even if the cheating thing wasn't an issue, the fact is he is a gigantic, HUGE jerk.

i threw away my livestrong bracelet (which has been my credo for years) the moment i found out about his drug use. athletes that use performance enhancing drugs are idiots....

I can't believe that the drugs made that big a difference (having never tried any of course). So did it mean that he never had any natural ability, fitness or stamina? I still wear mine & always will.

I wouldnt at all, but im in the minority that thinks they should just legalize it anyway. I dont think steroids or peds in sports is cheating because to me it has to give you an unfair advantage and since i believe they almost all do them, there is no advantage. I know others feel differently but thats just my opinion.

This..
I they should make it a requirement. A drugged tour and an non-drugged tour. Easy as that.

I wear my Livestrong bracelet every day. As it's been said, supporting Livestrong, is not saying that you support Lance nor his actions.

I don't wear the eyewear or bracelet for Lance I wear it as a visual reminder of the people I know that died or were affected by cancer.

I will admit lance is what got me interested in cycling but now that I have watched it for a few years I am hooked and truth be told it is better to watch without Lance because they are not just focusing on Lance you learn a lot about the different riders.

I also find it funny that people are trying to sue Lance because they bought his book

I can't believe that the drugs made that big a difference (having never tried any of course). So did it mean that he never had any natural ability, fitness or stamina? I still wear mine & always will.

He had tons of natural ability, but so did many of his competitors. While they can make you a better athlete they aren't miracle pills/injections. You still have to train, eat and have the desire to push through the pain with the mindset that separates a professional from a recreational or weekend competitor. An athlete who is a 5 on a scale of 10 in performance may be a 7 at his/her very best with PED's. He will never be a 9 or a 10 to compete with the big boys/girls and this is where the average person mistakes how PED's work. Pro's who are already a 9 or a 10 take them to gain that .1% edge that often separates first and second in many sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back