• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do You Feel Weird Wearing Black/yellow Oakleys Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just putting together my collection and will feature it once I do the big move. He was a liar and cheater but so was EVERY other cyclist in those days... what means the most to me is this: why did TDF not give his wins to anyone else? because they know that the next guy and the next guy and the guy after that were all doping too.

Livestrong is an AMAZING foundation and has given so much! Without it, there wouldn't be as much awareness/funding/etc. Think of what that yellow bracelet did for Cancer awareness.

This is something that's above and beyond "sport".

This hit it right on the spot! Everyone that is competitive in cycling did doping back then and Lance is the only one getting flack for it.

I'm so sick of everyone crying about this. In pro sports, it's only cheating if you get caught. Everyone who is/was a pro athlete knows this, even if they don't like it or want to admit it. It's part of ALL sports. Not everyone does it, but it's just a fact of life. If you think otherwise, you should stick with watching Dancing with the Stars :rolleyes: Go Lance! Your the best of the cheaters! :cool:

Love the color combo...................I am a Pittsburgh Steelers Fan!!!!!!
Brett, it is interesting, but I looked through all the MLB special edition Flak Jackets, and they have a lot of teams, but no Pittsburgh Pirates. Huh.

Wore my sj today i dont really associate with scandal good solid American made pair...kind of complements Ducati sj's lance had courage with his illness i give him that but i always knew he was not the nicest person...too bad Sheryl Crow missed out on me haha

He had tons of natural ability, but so did many of his competitors. While they can make you a better athlete they aren't miracle pills/injections. You still have to train, eat and have the desire to push through the pain with the mindset that separates a professional from a recreational or weekend competitor. An athlete who is a 5 on a scale of 10 in performance may be a 7 at his/her very best with PED's. He will never be a 9 or a 10 to compete with the big boys/girls and this is where the average person mistakes how PED's work. Pro's who are already a 9 or a 10 take them to gain that .1% edge that often separates first and second in many sports.
Definitely! If he didn't have the natural abilities, it wouldn't have mattered how many roids he took! I'm not bothered as much by his cheating as i am the fact that he is such an a$$hole.

I've actually just finished watching the The Armstrong Lie documentary. Gotta say, the world was fooled by his lies. Fooled me and everyone else. I hate him even more now after watching that. I had looked up to him. He is one reason why I invested in a Trek bike many years ago and cycling became my main hobby and interest. He also made me interested in Oakley as I realized how cool those looked on him whenever he cycles around with them on. How ironic though is that I never got around to getting any of the Oakley Livestrong models...

I respect him for getting over the cancer he had, but i really really hate him now for all the lies he made with regards to doping. All those victories were nothing but a lie...

I think it's a very nice colour combination.
I try to find member's livestrong collection, using search function, and cannot find any.
i wonder if it's because of the scandal or just because this livestrong series is not that popular
for me, maybe i will try to complete livestrong collection (regular ones), but only after i'm satisfied with my xmetal collection, which means, long long way to go :D

I wear my livestrong hoody alot during the winter months, and my livestrong gym shirt. It doesnt really bother me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back