• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do You Find 2 And 7 Are The SAME Or DIFFERENT In A Serial Number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanzohattori

Oakley Expert
Brunei
my recent xmetal purchase from this listing...

reason for purchase: beautiful serial number, good condition and negotiable price! ;)

ended up getting this...
52637410151595433754853.jpg

instead of getting J077877.. i got J077827! :eek: :(

i find it a BIG DEAL for me to receive the wrong serial, meaning to say... inaccuracy of the seller by giving a wrong description on the item as stated above.. contacted him and i've made a complaint. here is our conversation...

me: hi there! i got your item today to my country and to my surprise the serial is not J077877, it is instead J077827! im really disappointed with the wrong info that you gave me on the ads which lead to the purchase... i request for a partial refund for the inaccuracy of the information given across.

seller: It wasn't inaccurate... I couldn't read it. The numbers are extremely small. A 2 and a 7 look similar in the font they use. I'm not refunding any money because I couldn't read a digit. They were as described other than that.

me: seriously you cannot read numbers or differentiate numbers? how come you can not place a value to your item for sale? i have a picture prove of the serial..further more you are an oakley expert as claimed on your profile

seller: Why would I lie about a serial number? Obviously 2 and 7 look similar. I don't claim to be an oakley expert, the forum adds that. Besides, bring an expert has nothing to do with misreading a number. Not sure what to tell you... The glasses arrived as described condition wise. I'll put up a post and see what the forum thinks.

seller: instead of taking them back, which is what i'd prefer to do but you're out of country so i don't feel like dealing with it... how much are you looking for $10? $15?

i was like, what?!!!! 2 and 7 looks similar?! but why can he still type in no.2 and no.7 if he think he is confused with that?

it is not to my intention to condemn the seller but any seller should put his information as accurate as possible, i do not see any post from him on this which is an intention of threatening me! what is wrong with dealing with outsiders? sorry to say, i bought lot of stuffs from the state which cost a lot more that this yet the information given was ACCURATE and i building a good reputation...

i need your opinion guys... thanks in advance..

Last edited by a moderator:
are you on my side? ;)
I would like to remain as impartial as possible.

I can see where thinking you're getting a number and getting another could be frustrating, but I can also see how another member would think it inconsequential for a seemingly meaningless serial number, and you made no attempt to stress its importance or ask for clarification.

How upset are you, and why is number 7 so significant?

I am sure most are wondering. What is the real issue with the number? Please explain the difference other than a mistaken digit. I and others would like to fully understand your point before giving advice.

I can only speak from personal experience but I have dealt with the seller before and all my dealings with him have been beyond expectations. I don't think he acted maliciously or intentionally misrepresented the item, a mistake was made you have to decide what that means to you. Are you still happy with the item or do you want to send them back?

I would like to remain as impartial as possible.

I can see where thinking you're getting a number and getting another could be frustrating, but I can also see how another member would think it inconsequential for a seemingly meaningless serial number, and you made no attempt to stress its importance or ask for clarification.

How upset are you, and why is number 7 so significant?

the inaccuracy of the description make me really upset... i know other members are on his side, if a small refund is not ideal so just be it.

It would be greatly appreciated if this issue would be taken to the PMs and resolved there amicably. No intentions to close the 2 threads at the moment. But will be monitored.

I think you already identified your perspective. Not because that serial # had any specific sentiment, but simply as you stated, it was a different serial that arrived and you then feel the seller was inaccurate in the description.

My 2 cents: let it go as an honest mistake, it doesn't appear to be an issue that deserves money be returned to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back