• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do You Find 2 And 7 Are The SAME Or DIFFERENT In A Serial Number?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't like them, send them back. Asking for a partial refund is bullshit. Thats my opinion.

I am sure most are wondering. What is the real issue with the number? Please explain the difference other than a mistaken digit. I and others would like to fully understand your point before giving advice.

his description of conditions etc is ok but the accuracy of the serial number given was no given, let just say even if i emphasize on checking the serial but when it arrives.. it is wrong. As he said he couldn't read it...

I think you already identified your perspective. Not because that serial # had any specific sentiment, but simply as you stated, it was a different serial that arrived and you then feel the seller was inaccurate in the description.

My 2 cents: let it go as an honest mistake, it doesn't appear to be an issue that deserves money be returned to you.

yes... inaccuracy is the issue here, thanks for understanding my perspective, if partial refund is not recommended by all so i wont

I can only speak from personal experience but I have dealt with the seller before and all my dealings with him have been beyond expectations. I don't think he acted maliciously or intentionally misrepresented the item, a mistake was made you have to decide what that means to you. Are you still happy with the item or do you want to send them back?

partially happy with the item...

The way I see it if you guys can not come to agreement, just send them back and everyone should be happy, if it was me and I made a mistake with serial I would throw the person 25 and call it done, its better than getting them back and have to go thru the process all over again, the buyer did nothing in error

For me, if the serial number did not change any significant value of the glasses I would let it go.

To me partial refunds are only justified if the item is some how less functional than as advertised. As you have said other than the 1 digit of the serial number being different the glasses are in as advertised condition, so to me a partial refund is out of the question.

In my mind you have 2 options. If you can accept that this was an honest mistake, forgive the seller and go on enjoying your new glasses. The other option if you are so unsatisfied with your purchase is to ship the item back to the seller at your expense, and ask for a full refund of the purchase price.

I don't know either member personally but I have to say that I know the feeling of expecting an item to be "perfect" and finding a slight flaw. It often causes anger, disappointment, and a sense of wrong doing on the part of the seller. I also know the feeling of doing your best to describe something accurately only to have the buyer find a flaw or to have not met their preconceived vision of what the item would be. It makes you feel bad, guilty because you did your best to be honest and the buyer feels misled, and also embarrassed to have made a mistake.

In this case hopefully this forum will be a place of mediation for both people involved. Both members have a solid reputation and neither has been known to stir up trouble in the past. Hopefully the two of you will come to an agreement you both are satisfied with and we can all go on loving our hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back