1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. stevan5150

stevan5150 Oakley Enthusiast

I know I do, yeah at times it would rub off but I really feel around when the "new straight jackets" and " new eye jackets" hit in the 2000's they really had it looking good.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. canhoto

canhoto Oakley Beginner

Depends on the model we're talking about. I think it would look good on sport frames like the M and the Radar. But I wouldn't like to see it in a Hijinx or a Fuel Cell.

3. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

I actually don't. There are a few models that had it or didn't depending on build and I always prefer it without. Why? Oakleys speak for themselves...you should be able to look at a pair and even the causal observer say "that's an Oakley" and having the name printed especially on the nosebridge cheapens tba look to me....especially when the print then partially wears off.

I'm actually a proponent of no icon as well...I don't like the Splice icon and still feel the icon on the Romeo 2 was a mistake...these are quintessential designs that a) scream Oakley already and b) don't need their lines muddied with what amounts to advertising. There ARE exceptions to the rule....the icon on the Pit Boss and to a certain extent the Plate I actually like because I feel they are both unique and appear to have been specifically designed for the piece...they add to glass, not distract from it

4. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

I miss it on the 2 pairs of Fives 2.0 that I have. One pair is totally worn off....the other reads, 'OA EY' as the 'KL' hve since rubbed off.

5. stevan5150

stevan5150 Oakley Enthusiast

I agree that certain pairs like the splice for example looks so much better with out it.

6. canhoto

canhoto Oakley Beginner

As far as logos on the stems go, I have to disagree. I love having that O on the side.

7. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

I believe he was talking about in the orbitals not the ear stems. As far as the orbitals go I don't miss I have always liked it better without it

8. canhoto

canhoto Oakley Beginner

Yes he was, but ucdavis4PT0gpa also talked about the icon and I was responding to that.

9. tarheel7734

tarheel7734 Oakley Enthusiast

I do like the Oakley on the Flak Jackets. Not sure I would like them on my x Metal frames. As far as the icon on the stems, If they are not too large they are great.

10. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

With Oakley's newer inks they use for the artist and other graphics (bake in or whatever they do) the logo on the nose bridge likely wouldn't wear off as easily.

I think it's part of the look of the original jacket series, and I wouldn't mind if the current Straight Jacket, Half/Flak/Fast Jackets, Tens, Twenty, Fives, had them. Basically the standard O-Matter round-O line and sports frames. I think leaving them off lifestyle square-O is fine.