• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do You really Use The Bag or Cleaning Cloth To Maintain Your Oakleys?

I use diaper clothes 95% of the time. I think they are 26x 24 inches, so they don't dirty as fast. I also love clear view, or optisource lens cleaners. Check em out. My 2 cents. Microfiber is great, but again I buy 12 x18 inch ones off Amazon... Called eco fused.

I use diaper clothes 95% of the time. I think they are 26x 24 inches, so they don't dirty as fast. I also love clear view, or optisource lens cleaners. Check em out. My 2 cents. Microfiber is great, but again I buy 12 x18 inch ones off Amazon... Called eco fused.

I was just getting ready to buy a good lense cleaning kit. Thanks for the post Chris. I think that You probably put a finish clean on OAKLEY Lenses much more than most here. I will take Your advice.

Microfiber towel, finished with a bag. I honestly don't like the spray cleaning stuff from Oakley. Seems like it makes a big mess but their cleaning cloths are good though. I use them for pulling lenses more than anything.

Microfiber towel, finished with a bag. I honestly don't like the spray cleaning stuff from Oakley. Seems like it makes a big mess but their cleaning cloths are good though. I use them for pulling lenses more than anything.

Great idea using them for pulling lenses! I have never hurt anything with good clean hands, but You never know. Do You have Flak Jackets?

I normally use a bag when out and a large micro fiber cloth at home.

Recently, I cleaned my @Chris A Hardaway freshly cut Romeo lenses with a Batwolf bag. The ones with the sticking for the other pocket or spending. Well, the thread, it appears, put two tiny scratches on my new Ruby lenses. Doh!!!

I had new ones cut and will always be very careful with how clean my bags are and if there's threading/stitching.

As for the cyclist who uses a Kleenex I learned from a car painting expert years ago to never use and kind of Kleenex or paper towel. They will, as others have said, scratch. I keep a small microfiber bag in each of my cycling jersey pockets and leave them there. When washed they get washed and stay in my jersey.

Cleaning kit. I've got one just for cycling Radar lenses that get cleaned before I leave for a ride, and when I'm out there I live with the sweat or water drops or whatever that may get on them. If the stain obstructs my vision I stop and use a tissue I have in a baggie in a jersey pocket and don't worry about any fine scratches. Those Radars get PLENTY of use and I view the lenses as having a finite life span. Now the "good stuff" lenses get only the O cloth or the sunglass hut cloth. @#1 Stunna! nailed it.

;)
I keep a small cleaning cloth in each of my jerseys. They stay there through the wash and I always have them with me. I also recently got a couple of Oakley headbands and they keep almost all of the sweat off my lenses.

Back