• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Do You Remember?

spin_nin

I should Work at Oakley
Chicago, IL.
When I bought my first pair of Oakleys, it was around '91 or '92 and I got them from SGH. All my subsequent Oakley purchases were also made at SGH throughout the '90's.

Back then, SGH carried the boxes that went with your Oakley sunglasses.

The first pair I bought were Frogskins with a Matte Black frame and Violet Iridium lenses.
Next I got the Eyejackets in Black Gold w/ Gold Iridium, followed by an XX in FMJ 5.56 w/ Fire Iridium and, until recently, I had a pair of Black Minutes with Black Iridium lenses.

I had no idea there was any residual value in "old" Oakleys so, I gave away the Frogskins and the Eyejackets to a local charity - I hadn't worn either pair in years and they were just sitting idle in their respective boxes.

I still have the XX but, for some reason, I didn't keep the box and I had the Minutes until they were lost in a restaurant in downtown Evanston about 2 years ago.

I got back into Oakleys after the loss of the Minutes and, in researching my old pairs, I happened upon o-review, and then this forum.

Initially, I was looking to replace what I had lost and what I had given away but then I looked into the newer offerings from Oakley and, since styles change, I went with some of the newer pieces. I'd still like to get the pairs I had back into a "sentimental" collection, but I don't have the room or the funds for that right now.

Anyway, I used to keep my glasses in the O bags and I used something else to clean them. To me, the bags never seemed to be very good at cleaning the lenses so I purchased cleaning cloths and spray from SGH.

I was going through some of my stuff and I came across one of the old cleaning cloths still in its original package.

Just wondering if anyone else around here ever used these or if you remember when SGH used to have the boxes that went with your brand new Oakleys?

P1090255.jpg

Micro-Clair:

P1090257.jpg

Made in JAPAN!

P1090258.jpg

What a DEAL!

P1090259.jpg

Complete with Instructions! Instructions read: Maunfactured in Canada? Lol!

P1090260.jpg

Latest Posts

Back