• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Does Anyone Fabricate X-Metal-like Frames?

Yeah, just so you're aware, I'm an engineer and I focus on machine component design, manufacturing, and robotics.

So when you came on here and said the work was unsurpassable... well I've got designs for valve bodies that would knock your socks off. $10,000 to make one part small enough to fit in your hand, but it routes 7 colors of paint through individually machined flow tube assemblies while being temperature conditioned by exchanged water. All so they can pump out beer cans with less waste due to color variation.

One of our modders designs bindings for snowboards. Another guy, Don Mcleish aka Mcgizmo - has industrial design patents too numerous to count. Other modders are gunsmiths, and electronic engineers. It's an eclectic group.

Hi Blez, I am a CPF member too! I love Oakleys and Flashlights...but for now, its Oakleys! You have some sick collection of custom lights though. Mine does not compare...or more like a mistake of which flashights to buy (production or custom limited runs).

Hi Blez, I am a CPF member too! I love Oakleys and Flashlights...but for now, its Oakleys! You have some sick collection of custom lights though. Mine does not compare...or more like a mistake of which flashights to buy (production or custom limited runs).
Thanks, I just got a spy 007 XM-L2 and now I understand what all the fuss is about

Hi guys, I work in the offshore drilling industry and have occasion to use torches or flashlights on a regular basis. At the moment I only have two in my collection ,the Energiser Industrial 1259 and the awesome RS 571-962 both of these babies are made of high tensile plasticy stuff and fit snugly into your hand .More importantly is that at the flick of a switch both go all shiney at one end allowing the operator to see in places too dark to see in otherwise.
Here is a photo of my collection so far - hoping to add an Eveready or maybe a Maglite sometime soon.

Photoon2014-04-04at01382_zps6018298e.jpg

Back